PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Energy Crisis

Stab in the dark here but can anyone help me with a company called " OVO " ? Workmates combined energy bill went up by 10 quid a month as of Oct 1st... Mine went up by about 50 quid with EDF........... Any ideas? Thanks.

Stab in the dark here but can anyone help me with a company called " OVO " ? Workmates combined energy bill went up by 10 quid a month as of Oct 1st... Mine went up by about 50 quid with EDF........... Any ideas? Thanks.
OVO is a British company, EDF is french and somebody has to subsidise their domestic market..

Could be they were already in credit or some companies are doing different stuff with the rebate. Some are knocking it off direct debits and some are knocking off the bill and taking same direct debits to build a balance.

Mine hasn’t changed as I put it up a bit a couple of months back so the only mail I had from Shell was saying they are doing the reduction in direct debits for 6 months. Doesn’t seem any consistency between companies as ever

Could be they were already in credit or some companies are doing different stuff with the rebate. Some are knocking it off direct debits and some are knocking off the bill and taking same direct debits to build a balance.

Mine hasn’t changed as I put it up a bit a couple of months back so the only mail I had from Shell was saying they are doing the reduction in direct debits for 6 months. Doesn’t seem any consistency between companies as ever

Interesting point....He said they were 500 quid in credit... Now it makes sense.

Have you ever considered becoming a financial advisor? Or maybe you already are.

Thanks.. That explanation could have saved the wife a lot of time on the phone... :)

Interesting point....He said they were 500 quid in credit... Now it makes sense.

Have you ever considered becoming a financial advisor? Or maybe you already are.

Thanks.. That explanation could have saved the wife a lot of time on the phone... :)
Definitely not an advisor or regulated so don’t trust me too much….

Just skinflint enough to keep an eye on stuff whilst I try to repair the damage of extricating from a previous life and now trying to manage two houses including the Missus so just end up paying more attention to things like household bills and what happens with them so often see the difference between how utility companies can be

It was a scam, a complete scam.
( Above, re. Corbyn exclusion )
I don't know about it very much except from the Mainstream Media. If anyone's aware of the genuine progression of his demise ---

( & what baffled me the most was the seeming Sheer-lack-of-fight by hin to publicly repudiate these charges of
anti-Semitism )

---I'd be interested to read about it. To a 'Joe Public ' like me, I found it all weirdly amazing. The whole saga would make a good book !

You might laugh Winks, but you, along with many other Labour Voters, have left the Party, why? Was it because Jeremy got treated badly by the press, or was it because the Labour Party had become a disaster ?
I laughed because most of what you said was a load of piffle.
(Ignoring that & hoping that you've recovered your composure ) - the 2 ( or3 )
Q's as above, appear reasonable ones to respond to.

Got my gas bill this week.

Dunno if it was a mistake or if they were expecting me to simply pay up, but the ”actual reading” (ie not an estimate and following on from a previous actual reading) they quoted on the bill was bloody miles out when I checked the meter.

I could see from the small print that the consumption for the quarter was nearly five times up on the same period last year!

Dunno if it was a mistake or if they were expecting me to simply pay up, but the ”actual reading” (ie not an estimate and following on from a previous actual reading) they quoted on the bill was bloody miles out when I checked the meter.

I could see from the small print that the consumption for the quarter was nearly five times up on the same period last year!
Got to watch them, check and challenge. I don't think it's an evil capitalist plot but I have seen many fuck ups by energy suppliers and it is always worth clarifying with them.

I had a dispute some years ago with a supplier which took nearly a year to resolve but it turned out they did owe me a lot of money and eventually paid up

Use this, from Martin Lewis, and itll give you what you should be paying under the new caps