PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

HMRC have had the power to inspect taxpayers business and personal accounts for years. So it’s not a huge step for them to extend the powers to the DSS too. ( if that’s what they’ve done - not read it). I’m still uncomfortable with it on both sides though.

Indeed they have...... What a shame they don't concentrate on high earning tax evaders as opposed to us scum and spongers that make up jack shit of the potential lost revenue................... I suspect that you are slowly coming over to the dark side of legitimate survival but haven't quite made it yet...

Keep thinking Chorley, you'll get there.

If it's good enough for Farage then why not us plebs? ;)

Joking aside, it's getting a bit out of order.............. The first thing that sprang to mind when I read that was wtf if you are above board... The second thing was that if they wanted to have a pop at certain individuals then they'd have free rein..

And then the third thing:

That if the incompetent twats get it wrong and witch hunt then we have a situation like all those postmasters who had their lives ruined.

It needs seriously opposing.
Windrush and the post masters scandals spring to mind.

Money in the bank is the banks money not yours. Once it is deposited in an account it is legally the banks property and you are a creditor. It is one of many reasons why cash must be protected at all costs and central bank digital currencies resisted.
The Govt won't get to see any money in my bank account - my money is all safely stuffed under the mattress at my house at 22 George Street.

Money in the bank is the banks money not yours. Once it is deposited in an account it is legally the banks property and you are a creditor. It is one of many reasons why cash must be protected at all costs and central bank digital currencies resisted.
It’s the crypto bros fault for saying how much they liked digital currencies. If they’d have kept quiet

Cleverly in Rwanda to sign a treaty that will be binding in International Law. Honestly not sure what the legalities are… but has this treaty been cleared by our own Parliament?

Cleverly in Rwanda to sign a treaty that will be binding in International Law. Honestly not sure what the legalities are… but has this treaty been cleared by our own Parliament?
Of course not. But they have been talking to the lawyers who challenged and stopped the original plan.
They've probably paid them a lot of money for consultancy, seems to be how things work.

'I said Id have return to the shopping centre please Ducky'

It's so they can means test the state pension in future IMHO. A lot of people with small DC workplace pensions will end up getting royally shafted.

so it seems that anyone receiving child benefit, the state pension, universal credit etc are now considered potential criminals and theyre giving themselves the powers to look into our bank accounts at will!

This basically means that every single one of us, at some time in our lives, will be opening our accounts to scrutiny at the will of the govt.

What comes next, freezing of accounts if were suspected of maybe taking part in a protest?

We saw a bit of what's planned for us during covid. Remember the Canadian trucker protestors? Trudeau was blocking their personal bank accounts and removing their access to funding.

What comes next, is that folk who have worked hard and saved for their old age, will be told when they go to claim their state pension, that they can’t have a state pension, because the government has seen their bank account and have decided they are not entitled.

I thought that you would have been going at Two Thirty :LOL:
Funnily enough i had an appointment the other week @ 2.30, when i got there i said to him, oh i half expected to see a Chinese Dentist - puzzled look - tried to explain, not even a smile, i thought oh forget it, get on with your pain inducement!!

A party who have always believed that someones worth is defined by the amount they earn or own. And now they are rewriting laws such that the richest have more rights and the less rich are excluded or disadvantaged. Idiotic economics to boot.

A party who have always believed that someones worth is defined by the amount they earn or own. And now they are rewriting laws such that the richest have more rights and the less rich are excluded or disadvantaged. Idiotic economics to boot.
Another trap for a new government to fall into. Totally unworkable populist policies which a new government will have to overturn through necessity, Tories and their cheerleaders then accuse new government of being 'woke', 'snowflakes', 'terrorist sympathizers ', 'pinkos ' bla bla bla.

Another trap for a new government to fall into. Totally unworkable populist policies which a new government will have to overturn through necessity, Tories and their cheerleaders then accuse new government of being 'woke', 'snowflakes', 'terrorist sympathizers ', 'pinkos ' bla bla bla.

Its all Jonny Foreigners fault. This stuff comes round every 100 years as bad experiences are no longer passed down to the generations after the post war generation.

Quite remarkable... As Dominic Grieve put it tonight "we are watching Tory splits between those MPs that believe in the rule of law and those conservatives who do not"

I still think it unlikely, but Newsnight tonight pointing to a clear possibility that Sunak will face a No Confidence vote in the not-too-distant future - as a sizeable number in the Braverman wing still chase this dream of sending refugees to Rwanda. A fourth Prime Minister in one parliament would be hilarious if it weren't so serious.