PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ukraine-Russia Conflict

• Russian occupied territories to hold “referendums” about sovereignty.
  • Putin - in live tv broadcast- accuses the west of “nuclear blackmail” and declares that all means necessary will be used to defend Russian soil (doubtless including these Ukrainian provinces that will have been declared Russian after the referendums)
  • 300,000 reservists called up to fight in Ukraine.

A cornered rat doing exactly what you’d expect.

And with our stupid PM spouting bollocks and riling everyone she pleases with no regard for the potential consequences the UK will be the number one target if he chooses to unleash his nuclear arsenal or just a small part of it as a show of strength and warning shot to the west.

• Russian occupied territories to hold “referendums” about sovereignty.
  • Putin - in live tv broadcast- accuses the west of “nuclear blackmail” and declares that all means necessary will be used to defend Russian soil (doubtless including these Ukrainian provinces that will have been declared Russian after the referendums)
  • 300,000 reservists called up to fight in Ukraine.
Run out of regular troops has he? He’s now basically pulling the general public into fighting? Think the threat of nuclear force is a sort of ‘vote for me or get nuked’ kind of message.

Probably a stupid question. But how come Biden won't send US troops to help Ukraine, but recently he said he will send US troops to Taiwan if China tried to invade there?
Because the Ukraine war is actually happening. He won't send any troops to Taiwan when it kicks off over there.

Well Russians are trying to get out of Russia now, they don’t want to fight. Flights to Istanbul and Dubai have shot up in price to the equivalent of over 9000 euros for a one way economy class ticket😳

They're all running off ? I don't believe it. That's not the Russian way.🧐😱

Well Russians are trying to get out of Russia now, they don’t want to fight. Flights to Istanbul and Dubai have shot up in price to the equivalent of over 9000 euros for a one way economy class ticket😳

Russians have been trying to get to the affluent West for decades, along with Polish, Ukrainians, Slavs, Mexicans, Africans, Vietnamese, Latvians, Lithuanians, Sri Lankans, Indians, Pakistanis, Iranians, Libyans, Albanians, what's new.

Your information, where did it come from, British Press? Just interested, no one likes war, Russians included, we have unrest in the UK because our Government is corrupt and stinks. Protests are now illegal, the poor are being shat on, the whole of Europe is heading for crisis, and people are discontented.

How do you know that the Russian youth, or those of an age to fight, aren't preparing to defend their country? I believe if the UK was at war, and we decided to bring in conscription tomorrow, which might happen, how many would sign up to defend our country. Gone are the days of Tommy goes to war.

Believe me the Russians are patriots, whether they agree with Putin or not, they will defend their homeland to the last man.

Russians have been trying to get to the affluent West for decades, along with Polish, Ukrainians, Slavs, Mexicans, Africans, Vietnamese, Latvians, Lithuanians, Sri Lankans, Indians, Pakistanis, Iranians, Libyans, Albanians, what's new.

Your information, where did it come from, British Press? Just interested, no one likes war, Russians included, we have unrest in the UK because our Government is corrupt and stinks. Protests are now illegal, the poor are being shat on, the whole of Europe is heading for crisis, and people are discontented.

How do you know that the Russian youth, or those of an age to fight, aren't preparing to defend their country? I believe if the UK was at war, and we decided to bring in conscription tomorrow, which might happen, how many would sign up to defend our country. Gone are the days of Tommy goes to war.
There would be a fair few hard bastards who'd sign up.

Believe me the Russians are patriots, whether they agree with Putin or not, they will defend their homeland to the last man.
BBC news

Last edited:

With all due respect, you have to look at headlines a little more closely. I have seen this story all over the news, 'Russians Fleeing' trying to avoid conscription.

Do you remember at the start of this war, when the Ukrainian population was fleeing Kyiv and the North, the SE and East of the country? The people were being stopped at the borders of Poland, Hungary, and Romania. All men, aged between 16 and 60, were being turned back and not allowed to leave the countries, kissing their families goodbye, then shipped off to the army training centres, to fight against their wishes

If the young Russian people, are trying to leave, then fair enough, at least they are allowed to, to me, it is just another western-media story to make out that the ordinary Russians are not willing to fight.

The US have been threatening that pipeline haven’t they? Determined to shut off Russian gas and fuck the consequences.
Have seen that accusation about the US doing the rounds. All things are possible if it turns out not to be an accident, I guess.

Have no idea why Russia would do it seeing as they could simply turn off the taps. In the same way that I can't understand why they would shell their own troops or drop mines on populations sympathetic to them.

All speculation on my part, of course, but the way that Ukraine jumped straight in with the accusations against Russia was interesting. Simple political opportunism or do they know something we don't?