PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Umberto’s

Pea wet... Backward Wigan thing.

Bolton as well.

Mushy peas I remember were like thick pea soup around here, watered down in other places.

Met a girl in Huddersfield many years ago who worked at the local ICI plant, one of their products was green food dye for peas, which in its concentrated form had to be labelled as a poison! The things we used to eat lol.

Love to see the faces of the people who stumble in from Muldoons and the Junction when they see the prices. "I just wanted fish & chips cock, none of that 18 quid fancy muck"

Last edited:
@buckshawwhite my better half isn't from the North and doesn't believe me that 'scraps' and 'pea wet' was a thing!

Then again, she'd never met anyone asking for 'half rice half chips' in a takeaway either - what a sheltered life!
Have you tried explaining to her what "Babies Head" is? Next you will be telling me that she has never hears that a can of Dandelion & Burdock is the perfect accompaniment to a chippy tea

My daughters boyfriend is from down South and we might as well be talking a different language with regards to food. It starts with the tea and dinner arguement.

My daughters boyfriend is from down South and we might as well be talking a different language with regards to food. It starts with the tea and dinner arguement.
Spot on Mozzchops, I work in a team with 3 Southerners and at 12-30 they go for lunch whereas I go for my dinner !!!