PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

VAR 2019

VAR used excellently in the Chelsea Liverpool game to overturn another Yellow today into a Red Card.

Manchester United have just won their game with a penalty given after the final whistle

These handball decisions are ruining football, no way that was a penalty, what is he supposed to do with his arms? tie them to his sides so they dont get in the way of the ball?

Disgraceful decision. How long will it take before players kick the ball hoping it will hit an arm so they can win a penalty?

Thats probably the worst VAR decision we have seen.

Between that and the new handball rule its killing the game.

Who exactly is forcing this shit on football?

Thats probably the worst VAR decision we have seen.

Between that and the new handball rule its killing the game.

Who exactly is forcing this shit on football?
The ref has gone and looked at it and thought “ah yep, that’s a penalty!” The daft cunt

Disgraceful decision. How long will it take before players kick the ball hoping it will hit an arm so they can win a penalty?
I only switched the game on with about 5-10 minutes to go and there must have been a handball claim every time the ball went into the penalty area.
It's making a mockery of the game but I'm not sure the decision by the referee can be blamed on him. Is he not just following the rules as idiotic as they are?
I'm in no way a Spurs fan but it left me feeling angry. Can you imagine if something like that relegated PNE or prevented promotion?
I'd be apoplectic.

The latest shit revision of the handball rule is just another attempt to paper over the cracks of the VAR concept... to take away SOME of the subjectivity of what constitutes a handball offence. But unless you take it all away, you're wasting your time... in fact, you're evidently making it worse.

It's not VAR that made the decision, it's the rule that's stupid.

VAR as a concept is fine. It's how it's being used and the poor writing of the Laws of the Game

What a crazy crazy decision... Dier had his back turned and it hit him on the back of his arm.

Jose was not happy !!!
He walked off as soon as the pen was given....

I only switched the game on with about 5-10 minutes to go and there must have been a handball claim every time the ball went into the penalty area.
It's making a mockery of the game but I'm not sure the decision by the referee can be blamed on him. Is he not just following the rules as idiotic as they are?
I'm in no way a Spurs fan but it left me feeling angry. Can you imagine if something like that relegated PNE or prevented promotion?
I'd be apoplectic.

I totally agree with your sentiment - but to balance this out, VAR would hopefully have saved PNE yesterday (but I remain only 60/70% confident in the appeal process... because referees often penalise the player who doesn't squeal.... for me, they both slide in with approximately equal fault)... but a key point for me is that - to be robbed by a man making a mistake when using several slow motion replays is a hundred times worse than a mistake where the ref has just the one chance to judge.

Incidentally - a lot of people said the Barks sending off was one of the worst ever decisions. I don't think so. It was an error, but I have some sympathy with the ref on that one. I think it was a pretty genuine error, influenced by the squeals. I've seen much worse errors than that.

It's not VAR that made the decision, it's the rule that's stupid.

VAR as a concept is fine. It's how it's being used and the poor writing of the Laws of the Game

As I already said, my opinion is very different. We only have this continual tinkering with the handball rule BECAUSE the concept of VAR is fundamentally flawed.

I totally agree with your sentiment - but to balance this out, VAR would hopefully have saved PNE yesterday (but I remain only 60/70% confident in the appeal process... because referees often penalise the player who doesn't squeal.... for me, they both slide in with approximately equal fault)... but a key point for me is that - to be robbed by a man making a mistake when using several slow motion replays is a hundred times worse than a mistake where the ref has just the one chance to judge.

Incidentally - a lot of people said the Barks sending off was one of the worst ever decisions. I don't think so. It was an error, but I have some sympathy with the ref on that one. I think it was a pretty genuine error, influenced by the squeals. I've seen much worse errors than that.
Horrendous tackle yesterday by a Huddersfield player on Harry Arter. Could very easily have broken his leg and there was certainly intent there as well. Not even a booking. Can there not be retrospective punishment?