PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

VAR 2019

So dodgy penalty given in the Manure game. De Gea saves but he was an inch off his line so VAR ordered a retake.

Palace were allowed to change penalty taker. Not sure that should be allowed

So dodgy penalty given in the Manure game. De Gea saves but he was an inch off his line so VAR ordered a retake.

Palace were allowed to change penalty taker. Not sure that should be allowed

Isn’t the on pitch referee’s or the video assistant referee’s fault. They’re doing what they’re told to do and enforcing the laws they have to.

The problem with these handballs etc. is that the rules are written by people with no understanding of the game or of what fans and players want to see.

I find it hard to feel sympathy for Manure after all the ridiculous penalties they were given last year

Isn’t the on pitch referee’s or the video assistant referee’s fault. They’re doing what they’re told to do and enforcing the laws they have to.

The problem with these handballs etc. is that the rules are written by people with no understanding of the game or of what fans and players want to see.
It was never a pen for me but surely if it is a retake it should be a retake not a fresh pen which is what it is if there is a new penalty taker

To give a penalty in that situation the rule can have only been written by someone who has never jogged let alone played professional sport.

I thought they had changed the rules for this season to sort it out but clearly not

The clubs were asking for the rule to be looked at after some goals were farcically ruled out because of it after lockdown, but apparently the authorities were standing firm on the matter.

The clubs were asking for the rule to be looked at after some goals were farcically ruled out because of it after lockdown, but apparently the authorities were standing firm on the matter.
It's ridiculous. VAR should work but the way they employ it is an absolute shambles

Football and VAR has become a reflection of modern society. “Rules are rules”. Common sense and discretion are out the window. Joke today but can’t deny a chuckle as it’s Man Utd who are usually on the other side of such shambles.

100% perfect use of VAR just then in the Newcastle Brighton game to overturn a Yellow into a Red.

Bravo Kevin Friend.

Can't believe I uttered that previous sentence.