PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

VAR and those cheating gits....

beagleman

Patron
Whilst watching this World Cup I have lost count of the number of times players have gone down following a supposed foul clutching their face/leg/knee/ankle in a most dramatic fashion with their face contorted in agony. The subsequent slow mo replay however shows a contact akin to being brushed by a pensioner in Morrisons. Its way past time for these soft arses to be punished for such antics, perhaps a sin bin type set up where you are off for say ten minutes, that might focus their minds on the game and not on trying to gain an unfair advantage. Just makes them look a big soft tosser on tv anyway... #grrr....

Whilst watching this World Cup I have lost count of the number of times players have gone down following a supposed foul clutching their face/leg/knee/ankle in a most dramatic fashion with their face contorted in agony. The subsequent slow mo replay however shows a contact akin to being brushed by a pensioner in Morrisons. Its way past time for these soft arses to be punished for such antics, perhaps a sin bin type set up where you are off for say ten minutes, that might focus their minds on the game and not on trying to gain an unfair advantage. Just makes them look a big soft tosser on tv anyway... #grrr....

100% agree. Something most definitely needs to be done.
Either send them to acting school so the drama actually looks real or punish the cheats.

a contact akin to being brushed by a pensioner in Morrisons.

Hate it when that happens. The agony is unbearable, not to mention the inconvenience - I get brushed whilst next to the milk and I end up rolling all the way to the Dog food aisle, with the trolley left scattered in the aisle. Nightmare.

Definitely some retrospective action needs to be the next step of VAR. Wouldnt like to see it during a game though.

Oh and change the rules so that mistakenly issued yellows can also be rescinded as well as Reds, like now.

If you punish cheats like Suarez yesterday, they will stop doing it. He was a joke yesterday.

Just posted on the World Cup the same sentiments sir norkster

A truly horrible man who clearly has great talent but his legacy will be to remembered as a Freddie Mercury lookalike cheating git

His teeth are in good working order though.....

Ref the yellow cards, I thought occurred to me yesterday. France, I think , we’re awarded a penalty and the Argentinian defender was booked for the foul. The decision was subjected to VAR and quite rightly stood.

But what if VAR had shown it to be a dive? The penalty would have been overturned, but could the yellow card be rescinded?

Brazil doing it this afternoon. Disappointing... pathetic. Hope Mexico equalise.

Edit... well, it's not going to happen now! Good question from chorley above.

Last edited:
Ref the yellow cards, I thought occurred to me yesterday. France, I think , we’re awarded a penalty and the Argentinian defender was booked for the foul. The decision was subjected to VAR and quite rightly stood.

But what if VAR had shown it to be a dive? The penalty would have been overturned, but could the yellow card be rescinded?

Think got the answer today when ref changed his decision on the Sweden pen for which the Swiss player was sent off. VAR showed it to be outside the box so penalty overturned but ref showed red card again to confirm that decision. I’m assuming if var showed it to be a dive he could overturn the red card, or yellow card as relevant.

Think got the answer today when ref changed his decision on the Sweden pen for which the Swiss player was sent off. VAR showed it to be outside the box so penalty overturned but ref showed red card again to confirm that decision. I’m assuming if var showed it to be a dive he could overturn the red card, or yellow card as relevant.

Every credit to the referee..Full marks and it renews the faith, it really does........ My worry is that many are that arrogant, quite a few would have upheld their own initial decission and when that happens where does VAR go from there?

Every credit to the referee..Full marks and it renews the faith, it really does........ My worry is that many are that arrogant, quite a few would have upheld their own initial decission and when that happens where does VAR go from there?

I don’t think he would have been reffing too many big games again had he upheld it.

Surely it makes sense to wait until the decision has been reviewed before issuing the card?

Just watched highlights of City and Juve games. Anyone who thinks VAR will make players more honest is joking. Never seen so many strikers and defenders diving and taking their own legs away to fall to the floor. Every time now the ball goes in the box one or the other take turns to have one player collapse to the ground to create a VAR situation in the event of a goal. Ridiculous. Grown men cheating a new system. Not helped by a ref who whistles every time a player goes to ground. Frankly only 10% of situations are fouls. Cant watch that.