PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Vernon Carus Sports Club Beer Festival

the12thman

Patron
Hi all - just a quick post to invite you all to the first ever beer festival at Vernon Carus Sports Club, Factory Lane, Penwortham on the May Bank Holiday weekend (4th - 6th May).

As well as there being over 30 locally sourced beers and ciders, we will be having gin and prosecco bars and there is a small itinerary of entertainment:

Friday 4th May - there will be a set from local band, the Lightfoot Collective

Saturday 5th May - 2 games of cricket (1st XI versus Kendal and the 4th XI versus Chorley), followed by a set at night from Penwortham band, the Old School Idles (https://theoldschoolidles.bandcamp.com/releases)

Sunday 6th May - 20/20 game of cricket between a Vernon Carus XI and a Penwortham XI.

Cheers, more info to follow.

The 12th Man

Cheers Harry - should see you there.

The grounds are pretty wet at the moment but the forecast for next week should help.

I'll post details of beers and ciders on here when we have got them ordered.

Cheers Harry - should see you there.

The grounds are pretty wet at the moment but the forecast for next week should help.

I'll post details of beers and ciders on here when we have got them ordered.
Nice one, I'll put the word around if that helps.

Nice one, I'll put the word around if that helps.

That would be good Harry, thanks for that - the more people that know about it the better. It is open to everyone (of a legal drinking age of course).

We will hopefully be plastering our posters, banners, flyers, etc over Penwortham over the next few days. I'm told it is already on social media, but I am not on there so cannot confirm this.

Below is an early list of ales that have been ordered, could change and there will be more added.

1648 Brewery - Chocolate Orange Stout 3.6%
Ayr Brewery - Otto & Griselda 4.6%
Bank Top - Pavillion Pale ale 4.5%
Bank Top - Bad to the Bone 4.0%
Beartown - Golden Hoppy Bear 4.5%
Bowland - Pheasant Plucker 3.7%
Branscombe - Summa That 5.0%
Connoiseur - Bloody mild 3.7%
Cullercoat - Shuggy Boat Blonde 3.8%
Daleside - G&P 4.0%
Derwent - Blonde 4.2%
Derwent - W&M Pale Ale 4.4%
Derwent - Parsons Pledge 4.0%
Empire - Smoking Pistol [Hazy] 4.0%
Exe Valley - Edward Darkes Stout 4.5%
Fuzzy Duck - Golden Cascade 3.8%
Green mill - Old Git 4.2%
Kirkby Lonsdale - Monumental 4.5%
Salopian Spiral - 4.0%
Strathaven - Claverhouse Red 4.5%

Thanks to the people of Penwortham (and surroundings) that came in their droves to the VC Beer Fest - it was a fantastically well supported event that was obviously helped by the weather. I bumped into quite a few people from PNE Online, so thanks for your attendance and support.

We will definitely be running one next year - with or without Preach.

Cheers,

the 12th Man