PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Veterans Football/Social Sessions. Are you ex-armed forces?

BeccaPNE

Academy
Hi Guys,

Pretty new to this forum but thought I would share something that some of you on here may enjoy and benefit from. :)

Preston North End Community and Education trust have recently started a Veterans programme. It is available to those who have served in the Armed Forces, currently serving and family of those also.

Thursdays 10am-11:30am - Social Session @ Finneys Cafe. (Go and chat with like minded veterans/those who have served around anything squaddy like. Attend organised walks with other veterans and trips out to museums etc)

Wednesdays 8pm-9pm -Free Football Sessions @ Play Football, Ingol. (Play 5-a-side football, with other veterans/currently serving personnel. Represent Preston North End against other football clubs and their Veteran participants)

I mentioned I would post something on here, as it could benefit people from a both physical and mental health perspective!

They have a fixture against Burnley FC Veterans on the 7th June @ Play Football and are trying to organise a team for this, I believe at the moment participation numbers are low.

Please pass this information on to anybody you may know who might be keen to get involved! Get to the session, get signed up, and wear the Preston North End colours with pride! :)

I hope I have put this in the correct thread :) It is a great initiative so let's try help them and the community out !

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2019/april/free-football-for-servicemen-and-women/ <----- More info

Thanks,

Bec