PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Warren

sussexrob

Patron
Just caught up with martin Clunes new sitcom Warren and see it was filmed in and around Preston . Anyone see it being filmed and what area was it filmed in any one meet the cast gossip etc?

Whilst the show is depicted as being in Preston and a few shots are of Preston, all of the shows filiming was done in Cardiff I believe sadly.

Whilst the show is depicted as being in Preston and a few shots are of Preston, all of the shows filiming was done in Cardiff I believe sadly.
Ah Thanks for that did not know that saw the welcome to Preston sign shame any idea why it depicts Preston the characters speak Northern apart from of course Clunes then film it in Wales.

It showed a few aerial shots of Walburges Church and the bridge over the Ribble at Penwortham to try to make it look like it was all set in Preston but there is nowt much else to recognise. As for the show, it's about as funny as toothache.
Laugh? I nearly started.

Anyone remember 'All Quiet On The Preston Front', a comedy about TA soldiers? Was any of that filmed in or around Preston?

We'd only just moved up here so didn't recognise the places feature in it.

It showed a few aerial shots of Walburges Church and the bridge over the Ribble at Penwortham to try to make it look like it was all set in Preston but there is nowt much else to recognise. As for the show, it's about as funny as toothache.
Laugh? I nearly started.
Fylde Road was on it this week near the old th’ole int’ wall pub

Anyone remember 'All Quiet On The Preston Front', a comedy about TA soldiers? Was any of that filmed in or around Preston?

It was clearly Lancashire based, the fictional setting being a town called Roker Bridge. I always thought it looked like it was somewhere in East Lancs. Maybe the TA shots were filmed around the Belmont countryside as Northender has mentioned.

The 'Preston' part of the title was no more than a play on words I think, to emphasis its Lancashire setting, and that it was about a group of friends who were in the TA.

I recall one episode set on a Boat moored in the Docks, so obviously it was filmed there. It also referenced Ashton on Ribble in that episode.

The theme song 'Here I Stand' was a single by the Burnley based band (and Burnley FC supporters) The Milltown Brothers, which I still have on a Purple 12" vinyl single.

Who remembers a TV movie from the early 90's that was about an Italian bloke who came to find his long lost family in Preston? It was set in the 1970's and one of the locations used was The Black Horse on Friargate as it had maintained it's 70's style décor when it was filmed. There was a lot of location filming in the Saints area around Deepdale too.

It was clearly Lancashire based, the fictional setting being a town called Roker Bridge. I always thought it looked like it was somewhere in East Lancs. Maybe the TA shots were filmed around the Belmont countryside as Northender has mentioned.

The 'Preston' part of the title was no more than a play on words I think, to emphasis its Lancashire setting, and that it was about a group of friends who were in the TA.

I recall one episode set on a Boat moored in the Docks, so obviously it was filmed there. It also referenced Ashton on Ribble in that episode.

The theme song 'Here I Stand' was a single by the Burnley based band (and Burnley FC supporters) The Milltown Brothers, which I still have on a Purple 12" vinyl single.

Who remembers a TV movie from the early 90's that was about an Italian bloke who came to find his long lost family in Preston? It was set in the 1970's and one of the locations used was The Black Horse on Friargate as it had maintained it's 70's style décor when it was filmed. There was a lot of location filming in the Saints area around Deepdale too.
Fair Game? Black Horse as you say and Ribbleton Hall Drive.

Watched most of the first episode. Even less funny, ( if possible ), than the John Cleese rubbish sitcom, and I use the word loosely, that was on last year.

Set

A lt of it was filmed in Burnley.....

Considering the amount of stuff available to view these days (see Netflix/Box sets thread) it's staggering to think this was even made. Absolutely terrible.

I liked the line about the lost mouse mat (what's someone in IT got to be stressed about?) but that's it.

One good line in three episodes (tbf that's probably a better decent gag rate than Gavin and Stacey).

It's gash.