Wayne Rooneys Derby Again (Entering Administration)

Nottswhite

Forum Patron
Patron
I wonder, now that the accounts have revealed that they broke the ffp rules last season, but didn’t put their books in on time, so escaped relegation, whether it justifies Wycombe putting a case against them?
goes from bad to worse☹️

Werzo

First Team
If the -12 is enough to relegate them then the -9 should really be applied to season 22/23. Otherwise the -9 penalty will just get absorbed and is not a sufficient punishment.

There's no right of appeal to the 9 point deduction.

Alan Nixon believes Derby agreed to this as the EFL threatened to ask for as many as 17 points deducted if it went to appeal.

Thanks for that , I was reading some of the comments on the BBC Preston v Derby game , one of the Derby fans said the club shouldn't push it , take whatever punishment as the Football authorities came down really hard on Luton Town .

Why. Is he not up for the challenge?
I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt 🤔 , he said he was a fighter , despite a ' colourful ' off field history - you don't get to be the England & Man United Captain for nothing ?

He said he was sleeping on his office couch before the season , saw his job as on the blower putting a team together

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron
According to a Reading Media Source there are 4 Clubs Facing Points Deductions, but doesn't name them.
So 1 is Reading and the Other is Derby, Who are the other 2?
I maybe wrong, but I'm sure I heard Huddersfield could be in bother. Whatever, PR will be rubbing his hands together. He did predict that a lot of clubs would face sanctions in the near future.
Just looked at Sky Bet relegation odds. Derby, predictably, are 1/10. Reading have no odds, which suggests a points deduction is imminent. Huddersfield, quoted at 40/1. I've just put a quid on. 😀🤔

Last edited:

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Thanks for that , I was reading some of the comments on the BBC Preston v Derby game , one of the Derby fans said the club shouldn't push it , take whatever punishment as the Football authorities came down really hard on Luton Town .
I didn't notice originally, but Derby have also abandoned their appeal over the original 12 points for going into administration - so these 21 points are set in stone.

Well done Peter!

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
I maybe wrong, but I'm sure I heard Huddersfield could be in bother. Whatever, PR will be rubbing his hands together. He did predict that a lot of clubs would face sanctions in the near future.
Just looked at Sky Bet relegation odds. Derby, predictably, are 1/10. Reading have no odds, which suggests a points deduction is imminent. Huddersfield, quoted at 40/1. I've just put a quid on. 😀🤔
But that was last Christmas, not this one lol.

So it seems PNE do have a strategy after all - get Peter on the EFL board, assure the self destruction of all other 23 teams. et Voila.

Much cheaper than buying actual players, I suppose.
So Ridder in and Frankie Out?

Lets be honest even if we had Salah, Kane etc in the ranks, they still would be over looked by Frankie.