PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Wayne Rooneys Derby Again (Entering Administration)

Sky are reporting that certain business people are saying they won’t allow the club to be liquidated, speaking from the heart, meaning they are aiming to buy the club...........but if that’s the case why haven’t they done it already.......... reality is I feel that the mess is so complex that when they speak from the head it’s virtually impossible to sort it, unless you want to throw, and I mean throw, many many millions down the drain........ so when it comes to handing over the dosh will they do it?

Let’s remember the receivers said there were many interested bidders when they first went into into administration, but 9 months on nothing has been finalised.

I believe there is a very high chance that Derby will not exist in its current form........
I think you’re right, no matter how much money an investor wants to throw into Derby, new FFP rules will limit what he can do. They need either a big sponsor prepared to make a long term investment or a big fan who has a couple of hundred million to spare.

Wasn’t there something similar years ago when some guy rocked up at a club and had no cash but was a complete bullshitter and convinced the club they were loaded?

Maybe not the same story but you’d think Derby and the EFL would have wised up about money and getting it in the right place

I think you’re right, no matter how much money an investor wants to throw into Derby, new FFP rules will limit what he can do. They need either a big sponsor prepared to make a long term investment or a big fan who has a couple of hundred million to spare.
The stadium loophole trick has been used plenty of times. I wonder how long until we see the kind of deals for example Cork City purchasing Jamie Thomas for £40million from us (obviously not Cork City and us but maybe someone like New York Citeh making a huge purchase for a non star Man City player)

One week until the League 1 fixtures are released. I'm sorry but how have they not been booted out of the league yet?
They have until March to exit Admin, 18 months apparently. And if they can prove a case with funding at what they take in without making a loss and finish the season, then they allowed to start the season. But I thought they wasn't allowed to sell Tickets in administration. So the EFL again at odds with its own rules.

*Cough

''The EFL has a bias for bigger clubs''

*Cough
This is so true….

On Thursday when the fixtures were released , Sky dedicated an hour from 9am till 10am to discuss the fixtures and how they would impact certain clubs.. after 40 minutes I turned it off when all they had talked about were how wonderful it would be if Norwich and Watford could get back into the Prem and then talked about Derby and how they will recover !!

There is going to be one massive “ Love In “ with Derby this season……

I hope for Derbys sake this guy knows what he is doing

Clowes Developments https://clowes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Clowes-Developments-Corporate-Accounts-2021.pdf looks like it would have little problem raising the money to buy club and ground , even though it already has £50m debt. And with profits of £20m plus per annum it can probably offset the significant losses of the football club. But most of that money was made on property development sales and you sort of wonder how sustainable that is with a recession looming. And another £50m plus of debt on Clowes developments will need servicing.

Got the feeling he is either going to run it like a Trevor Hemmings , and scale back massively going forward , or run it like a Mel Morris and a new train set and we will be revisiting in 2 or 3 years.

Either way it seems he will ultimately be unpopular with the fan base , once the fact that he has actually saved the damned club from going out of existence is forgotten. What on earth possesses these people to buy football clubs I will never know.

This guy is worth £252 million, so can't sustain the losses over a period of time. He certainly wont be wealthy much longer!!

This guy is worth £252 million, so can't sustain the losses over a period of time. He certainly wont be wealthy much longer!!
How much was TH's net worth negatively affected by him "sustaining our losses over a period of time"?

(It's a trick question - his net worth went up, a lot.)

Some good news for Derby fans at long last.

I suspect most will be happy for now just to know the club will continue and the stadium will be owned by the new club owner too.

Be interesting to see the ongoing level of investment.

Good day for football generally too imho.