We Are Sinking

Huzeifa

Advisor to AN
Patron
I have supported North End for 52 years and they mean the world to me... However, it is quite worrying that I don’t really care about the results at the moment - I never thought that I would be so disinterested , in the same way that the club are disinterested in the fans !!!

Dont worry about it Ando.

Without fans in the stadium, there is no charm. Football is over hyped. You just have to see the results 2-5, 3-3, 5-1, 4-0!

Teams scoring 3 goals in the first 10 mins, cant really see that happening more often than not if fans are present. No pressure on players, they dont get booed!

Even then, we cant manage to score hardly any at home when there is no pressure.

Bhagwan H

Forum Patron
Patron
I have supported North End for 52 years and they mean the world to me... However, it is quite worrying that I don’t really care about the results at the moment - I never thought that I would be so disinterested , in the same way that the club are disinterested in the fans !!!

For someone so disinterested you spend quite a lot of time on here!!!!

Walton

Forum Patron
Patron
For someone so disinterested you spend quite a lot of time on here!!!!

Perhaps it’s just attending matches that disinterests him, not sure why you would want to make a point about that?

Probably losing interest in football but still likes to converse with his pen pals? Who knows, probably doesn’t know himself, no harm in it either way!!!!!

Barack

First Team
I have a good friend who has been in a very deep depression for over 9 months . He is the director of a company and not been able to work and had the worst thoughts imaginable . I ring him text him every week . We spoke last night and said he would ring me today . Guess what ? He did and asked if he could come round and watch the Nobbers game . We talked we laughed we cried but football isn’t always about the game it’s about friends coming together . We lost but my mate is on the road to recovery . Either that or he wants putting over the edge . How could anybody think it would be better if we wrapped up .
Well done, keep making/taking those calls, take no notice he shouldn't really come around he's in a dark place and you spending that time with him might be the shining light he needs. Nobody should underestimate how much the club means to so many at this terrible time. Yes they've cocked up, no I can't get my head around no striker bought in the last 4 windows but its still our club.

SoccerHQ

Manager
Whole club is the very definition of treading water currently.

Owner isn't interested in pushing on to challenge for premier league despite two near misses in last 3 seasons. What his motivation is for the next 2-3 seasons remains very unclear bar doing minimum to survive in championship.

Manager would probably move on if he had a decent offer but guess in these times it's better the devil you know especially with the comfy new deal he got 18 months back. I like him but he could be doing better currently with team selections and style of play.

When the top people at club are demotivated/not pushing on to make the club the best it can be then surprise surprise this seeps down to the playing squad who don't need many execuses to not play well.

Key players who likely won't be playing for the club by end of January. Hope I'm wrong. In any case today showed just keeping DJ, Browne, Davies and Pearson isn't going to be enough to seriously challenge for a top 6 spot, you need to freshen up other areas of the team with more competition and quality aswell.

Considering how bright everything looked 12 months ago things have gone quickly wrong and think it will be hard to turn around next 18 months as I expect the squad to be much weaker from the start of February.

Final Stand

Forum Patron
Patron
Got a new training facility, great, have a new striker who shows some promise, nice one, have paid the taxman, well done most of us do.

Now back to the football on the pitch, absolute clueless, pedestrian shite!

Last edited: