We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Joanpne;n3426600 said:
Nope it was definitely racist and sexist regardless of how you and paddy may want to dress it up.
Well Joan, you see racism and sexism where there is none.

You see this is my definition of racism.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
 

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
raefil;n3426583 said:
I like Jones, doesnt always get it right but does shoot from the hip.
Same here - I don't agree with him about some things, but he was one of the few Guardian journalists to get outside London and try to understand why people are frustrated and angry with politicians and 'elites.'

Lib - I was indeed meaning Tom when it comes to that particular debate! I like a lot of what he.his alter-ego say, to be honest.
 

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Sepp Blatter;n3426605 said:
Same here - I don't agree with him about some things, but he was one of the few Guardian journalists to get outside London and try to understand why people are frustrated and angry with politicians and 'elites.'

Lib - I was indeed meaning Tom when it comes to that particular debate! I like a lot of what he.his alter-ego say, to be honest.

I know, just jesting.... I wasn't jesting about Jones though, I think he's a little scrote, with a big ego that wants to do nothing but spout. He has a big problem and that is that no one ever taught him that part of the art of good converstation ( and learning ) is to listen....
 

Joanpne

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3426603 said:
Well Joan, you see racism and sexism where there is none.

You see this is my definition of racism.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Yep they asked for other cultures and gender in preference to another, I would call that racist and sexist. If it wasn’t they wouldn’t have needed to specify culture or gender in the add but they did.
 

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Joanpne;n3426608 said:
Yep they asked for other cultures and gender in preference to another, I would call that racist and sexist. If it wasn’t they wouldn’t have needed to specify culture or gender in the add but they did.
If you were nobber or libs Id say Bollocks.

However tosh will do :)
 

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
paddysr;n3426585 said:
Nobody has been banned from applying for any jobs.

No they haven't but the intimation is that minorities will be preferred.... I don't care what you say or indeed what you believe imho ( makes us even), if there's a campaign to up percentages in certain occupations then that is exactly what will happen regardless of suitability........ You need to realise that discrimination should relate to 100% of the population and at present you ( and Phil ) haven't quite twigged.
 

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Joanpne;n3426608 said:
Yep they asked for other cultures and gender in preference to another, I would call that racist and sexist. If it wasn’t they wouldn’t have needed to specify culture or gender in the add but they did.
raefil;n3426609 said:
If you were nobber or libs Id say Bollocks.

However tosh will do :)



They are trying to get the figures up so they can be perceived as being fair...In doing so they will become unfair....... So tosh it is not.
 

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Liberation;n3426606 said:
I know, just jesting.... I wasn't jesting about Jones though, I think he's a little scrote, with a big ego that wants to do nothing but spout. He has a big problem and that is that no one ever taught him that part of the art of good converstation ( and learning ) is to listen....
Must admit, I don't mind him - he is a bit brash in person, but I like his forthrightness in his articles, even if I don't always agree. Plus, he at least tries to understand folk outside the metropolitan bubble.

All about opinions, I guess - some people can just rub you up the wrong way, that's for sure :)
 

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Sepp Blatter;n3426647 said:
Must admit, I don't mind him - he is a bit brash in person, but I like his forthrightness in his articles, even if I don't always agree. Plus, he at least tries to understand folk outside the metropolitan bubble.

All about opinions, I guess - some people can just rub you up the wrong way, that's for sure :)
Oooo err missus........Steady on old chap ;-)
 

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Sepp Blatter;n3426647 said:
Must admit, I don't mind him - he is a bit brash in person, but I like his forthrightness in his articles, even if I don't always agree. Plus, he at least tries to understand folk outside the metropolitan bubble.

All about opinions, I guess - some people can just rub you up the wrong way, that's for sure :)
Fair comment........... I just get a nervous tick when someone talks " AT " me and won't shut up rather than someone who's prepared to listen as well as give their own views. :)
 

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
PNEESSEX;n3426662 said:
I wasnt the one who started posting double entendres - just saying ;-)
Double entendres? Someone as angelic, virginal, and pure as me?

Only a filthy mind could think so - you keep you depraved fantasies and desires to yourself, you dirty old man. I not interested in letting you rub yourself up against me.

Unless you have ouzo, of course - I'm anyone's after the first half a bottle ;):p:eek:
 

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Liberation;n3426663 said:
Fair comment........... I just get a nervous tick when someone talks " AT " me and won't shut up rather than someone who's prepared to listen as well as give their own views. :)
I guess I'm used to it - don't have much choice really. That's how my missus talks to me :(
 

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Sepp Blatter;n3426673 said:
I guess I'm used to it - don't have much choice really. That's how my missus talks to me :(

Yeah, my wife and my mum are the same..... They don't recognise genius... :D:D
 

NORTHENDRTOPS

Forum Patron
Patron
portisheadpete;n3426615 said:
That would explain why their price to replace my watch battery was daylight robbery.
You never use a national company for things like battery's, always look to use an Asian store, and usually most can even replace it for you, my local one can even do expensive car key fob things and his price is next to nothing. We usually talk about India and he knows how much I'd pay for it in India even though we aren't there.
 

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Sepp Blatter;n3426672 said:
Double entendres? Someone as angelic, virginal, and pure as me?

Only a filthy mind could think so - you keep you depraved fantasies and desires to yourself, you dirty old man. I not interested in letting you rub yourself up against me.

Unless you have ouzo, of course - I'm anyone's after the first half a bottle ;):p:eek:
Costas the jolly goatherd reckons a glass is plenty enough - you're cheaper than you allege :)
 
Top