PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

What a contrast of emotions

Absolutely.

I still remember that game vividly. It's seared into my memory, sadly. I also remember a video that surfaced of the final minutes of that game (I think taken by Johnny Macken (?), who videoed a lot of games home and away at the time I recall).

Not only did it capture the absolute toxicity of that evening at Deepdale, it also included some hilarious one-liners from some random bloke in the crowd. Can't recall them exactly but the one that stands out was something along the lines of: 'F*cking training? Where'd ya teck 'em, Tescos?!'

I quite regularly rewatched that video in the weeks/months afterwards, when I needed reminding that Deepdale could not again be as poisonous as that night. Having done a quick search, can't seem to find it, maybe it was taken down by the football league mafia for including in-game footage.

Thank Christ we've got our shit together since then.
There is a guy sits behind where I do in the town end that still comes out with bollocks like that

Clearly you’re an arrogant prick who thinks he’s better than everyone else. I was at the game tonight, where were you?

I’m 25 FYI, you fossil.
Just for a little more clarity
Where was I ?
I was busy away into the afternoon. With some voluntary work which did not enable me to travel sadly, plus after my RTA I find sitting in the cold rather difficult albeit I do the best I can.
Better than everyone else ?
Far from it, I’m just another fan who pays his money the same as everyone else who has some opportunity to occasionally offer an opinion albeit my opinions are gladly often changed through discussion and active listening.
I am glad you travelled and hope you enjoyed your evening, it’s always good to see the commitment both in time and finances of so many fans.
As for your rather unkind reaction to my offer of swapping my panini card, as always I respect all opinions but am never that keen on the over excitable name calling but then it takes all sorts as they say.
Enjoy your day and more importantly enjoy the match on Saturday

Those were dark days. My mate and I had decided that we weren't going to renew our season tickets, whether we got relegated or not, if Westley remained our manager. Once they sacked him we decided that relegation or not, we would renew. The man left me with a bad taste in my mouth, I was almost ashamed of being a PNE supporter. Thank you OP for refreshing my nightmare :(

This period is the only one where I found it difficult to admit I was a PNE fan to anyone and took all reference to N.E. out of my car, to my eternal shame. :cry: Fortunately I'm well over that now and I am happy to tell anyone daft enough to listen that PNE are my team. :love: