PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

What a difference a manager makes!

J

JackPNE17

It's only half an hour gone, we're 2-0 up against Greece and I'm wondering whether these were the players in the squad for the world cup? They're playing brilliantly compared to the Sven days. Lampards playing well again, Rios pushing up more with the ball, Terrys leading the lads superbly so far and could this be the manager who can win us some trophies. So far, Mclaren thumbs up!:D

3-0!! Superb!!

4-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What a difference a manager makes!

Apart from the fact that Greece are pants I think the 35 degree heat in Germany may have made a slight differance. Its alright charging around in a high tempo when its 18/19 but not in that heat. OK so far though.

i've not noticed the blackpool flags jacko but i'll keep an eye out.

i cant believe it though. 4-0 at half time against the european champions.

Owen Hargeaves has been outstanding again.

Premiership bound for defo I reckon.

I didn't think Hargreaves was bad anyways.

Still think that his decision to drop Becks could bite him on the arse when we get passed the friendlies.

hargreaves was named the man of the match. hope he comes to the premiership cos he has quality written all over him. has some confidence. good result. should qualify for the euro 2008 championships.

Let's not get too excited just yet. It was only a friendly after all. But WTF is the matter with Defoe? Every time I see him, especially at Spurs, he spends most of his time offside. Can't someone have a word with him?

chrisrw said:
Let's not get too excited just yet. It was only a friendly after all. But WTF is the matter with Defoe? Every time I see him, especially at Spurs, he spends most of his time offside. Can't someone have a word with him?
Don't know what the reason was but every player on the pitch (bar Defoe) looked much more comfortable on the ball. There was more movement, Crouch got the ball to feet rather than pinged at his head, Ferdinand was confident moving forward (although he often gave it away), Hargreaves was solid as a steel rock, you could actually tell Lampard was on the pitch and even Downing was causing problems. Admittedly the Greeks were poor but I have to agree it's an encouraging start.

I didn't see anything from Defoe last night to suggest that Sven was wrong to leave him at home.