What Are You Listening To?

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
Out of the blue yesterday I suddenly got a tune in my head. It was from an instrumental band I'd not listened to in (many) years, so I found it on YouTubez...

5 Style, from 1995

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
You will have hedgy they've got a good number of boring pop tunes that wash over you, all came after the debut album lost souls. Tbh they're a very decent band.
Ah! Lost souls is an album by doves. Sorry, thought they were two bands.
I'm sure they're very good just like 90% of those I've never heard of on this and the "legends" thread.🤔

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Also listened to the news Everything Everything release that was also out this week. “Violent Sun” appeared to be getting played by quite a few sources, reminds me of U2/Inhaler and some other band I can’t put my finger on but liked that song. The rest of the album though, just meh, disappointing really

Karcist

Manager
Lost Souls was a belter, an album of it`s time ( maybe you had to be there :) to understand ! ) not really paid much attention to Doves since.

Except for the single `Kingdom of Rust` which I always think of when travelling to Deepdale and thinking of a first love

`I long to feel some beauty in my heart
As I go searching, right to the start
The road back to Preston
Was jutted out in snow
As I went looking for that stolen heart
For you, waiting for you`

Will give the new album a play tonight.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Lost Souls was a belter, an album of it`s time ( maybe you had to be there :) to understand ! ) not really paid much attention to Doves since.

Except for the single `Kingdom of Rust` which I always think of when travelling to Deepdale and thinking of a first love

`I long to feel some beauty in my heart
As I go searching, right to the start
The road back to Preston
Was jutted out in snow
As I went looking for that stolen heart
For you, waiting for you`

Will give the new album a play tonight.

that song saved me a few times during my dark times. Maybe it’s why their stuff resonates with me a bit

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Maybe not the right thread but....

Picked up a tannoy surround sound system and Denon power amp yesterday and hooked my turntable to it this morning.

Without coming across as a bit of a pretentious twat....Holy fuck my records sound good.

Today is mostly sponsored by Radiohead