What Are You Listening To?

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
Maybe not the right thread but....

Picked up a tannoy surround sound system and Denon power amp yesterday and hooked my turntable to it this morning.

Without coming across as a bit of a pretentious twat....Holy fuck my records sound good.

Today is mostly sponsored by Radiohead
You will sound pretentious when you have a linn sondek

Sepp Blatter

Forum Patron
Patron
Vienna - Ultravox

Isn't it weird when a song from your past reenters your consciousness and you become obsessed with it all over again?

I've listened to this about 10 times today.
Love it when that happens - great song, to be fair.

Had the same thing yesterday with this song:

Sepp Blatter

Forum Patron
Patron
Dug out an old Kerrang compilation CD to listen to while unloading firewood. Some great stuff on here (although the Spotify playlist is missing Gary Numan, Black Flag, and Mortiis :( ):

Last edited:

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Just lovely paddy, real treat indeed, most accessible album too imo. Any nobber on here been to an autechre gig?

I read the shows are in complete darkness
As far as I can remember they played at a club we used to go to but it wasn't strictly a gig. More playing a bit of their stuff then DJing. But my memory was really addled at that point. Trying to see if I can find flyers online from around the time (Orbit in Morley some point during the 90s)

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
As far as I can remember they played at a club we used to go to but it wasn't strictly a gig. More playing a bit of their stuff then DJing. But my memory was really addled at that point. Trying to see if I can find flyers online from around the time (Orbit in Morley some point during the 90s)
Only place I've been to down there is the Old Fire Station. I had a fantastic time (I think)

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Sounds quality jake

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Sounds quality jake

The Orbit is/was the stuff of folklore and the names they got to go and play out in the sticks effectively is something else. Should have a read some of the stuff online about its history. Doesn’t feel like you’d ever achieve what a lot of those clubs did back then in today’s world

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Only place I've been to down there is the Old Fire Station. I had a fantastic time (I think)
The Orbit was when I was in Leeds, height of the clubbing scene with Back to Basics, Vague and Ark and Hard times and stuff moving to Leeds. Feels a lifetime ago

actually never went anywhere really down here even though Slinky and I think it was the Manor were the big name clubs down here. The Old Fire Station is basically the student Union venue still but is another ive not done a gig at since being here. The other venues or Southampton mop up most acts