What Are You Listening To?

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
One of the greatest gigs I ever attended was Marley's last appearance in the UK before his death. It was July 1980 @ New Bingley Hall Stafford (a massive shed on the county showground).
Redemption song is alright and a couple of the others off Legend; Stir it up, NWNC, Buffalo Soldier.

Just find most of it really dull.

Can imagine he was very good live though.

Last edited:

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Reception song is alright and a couple of the others off Legend; Stir it up, NWNC, Buffalo Soldier.

Just find most of it really dull.

Can imagine he was very good live though.
It was a great gig. Half of Birmingham and Wolverhampton seemed to be there. When he did Redemption Song you could have heard a pin drop: it was almost like a religious experience for the 4 minutes of whatever the song lasts.

A couple of his live albums are really very good: Live at the Lyceum and Babylon by Bus

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
It was a great gig. Half of Birmingham and Wolverhampton seemed to be there. When he did Redemption Song you could have heard a pin drop: it was almost like a religious experience for the 4 minutes of whatever the song lasts.

A couple of his live albums are really very good: Live at the Lyceum and Babylon by Bus
Some of the best live performances I've seen are from bands I cannot stand!

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
For any Joy Division / New Order fans, there is quite a good podcast series to listen to.

Joy Division melt me, incredible. Listened to first 3 pods, tbh I was hoping for a lot more from them, hurtling as fast as possible towards Ian's suicide and to play love will tear us apart.
There's so much depth and richness there which isn't given the time required or needed to explore and develop. It's a shame.

Amazing group of extremely talented lads.