What Are You Listening To?

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
As it’s a music thread, really want to try and get to this exhibition before it closes next year. Not been to the BME itself either so that would be good too

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
While I have been working on a house, I have been listening to some old stuff, Bananarama, Pet shop Boys, Tears for Fears, but the stand out band has been Simple Minds, when I Hear them I think of hot summer nights, Glastonbury, Another legendary Festival group, one that I Would like to see.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Are you now scouring the Argos catalogue for which synthesizer keyboard would best suit your bedroom to replicate his setup(not that I ever did that or anything). Was asking for a friend
Once made a keyboard out of loads of cornflake boxes sellotaped together, and a black marker pen.

Didn't have Google back then though, so had to guess how many black and white keys there were. Was a proper dog's dinner.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
One of my favourite ever songs, performed superbly.

Great song (of course) and a decent enough cover but there are better versions out there IMO. I particularly like John Martyn's version. James Taylor did a good one too as did Billy Bragg and Nick Drake.

stf4ever

Forum Patron
Patron
Great song (of course) and a decent enough cover but there are better versions out there IMO. I particularly like John Martyn's version. James Taylor did a good one too as did Billy Bragg and Nick Drake.

By Christ, you do like Dylan 🤣.

For me, I'm not a fan of Martyn's upbeat version, I've not heard James Taylor. Nick Drake bored me to death with it. Billy Bragg can turn his hand to anything I feel like.

I don't think any of them come anywhere near to the above though. His guitar playing is sensational, and his voice is far better than Martyn or Drakes. But, then again, I am somewhat of a bluegrass fan so I'm probably biased heavily.