What Are You Listening To?

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
The real jk 😏 is absolutely stinking rich, good on him but I've always wondered how, as far as I know they're no longer active (for a long time now) and we're comparatively average (popularity sized) group around in the 90s. Anyone got any theories as to how he's so loaded?
Astute royalty and publishing contracts I would imagine, together with shrewd investments. Was never keen, but Stuart Zender was one of the best bassists around and is still in big demand as a session man.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
For the 1st time in at least a decade, I've been playing this beauty of an album "This Is the Day...This Is the Hour...This Is This!" on my night shift, all killer, no filler. A rare feat.

It actually sounds fresher and more relevant than it did 32 years ago in 1989. Climate Change is mentioned a couple of times and who'd have thought that serial on stage idiots PWEI would have been ahead of the curve? Or that Clint is now a multi millionaire LA resident whilst a Golden Globe and Grammy nominated film composer...

Too many great songs to pull off this album, I was gonna put up "Wake Up!, Time To Die!" but instead, I am putting this up just for the glorious line of "You give me sixteen different flavours of hell".

I liked them too Jack, but I preferred Mega City Four back then. When I first met my wife she always had 'transophobia' on in her bedroom!

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron
Watched that Nirvana documentary last night, about their visits to the UK. Not their biggest fan by any means, but still a good watch. Loved how Kurt took the piss out of TOTP, never seen that before.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Went to one of the Lottery "Live music venue support" gigs the other night, Vaccines headlining as they are "local" and that was the point of the gigs.

Support though from an Icelandic duo BSI (seemingly stands for Brussel Sprouts International on their YouTube but maybe thats because BSI was already used!

Her on drums and him on bass and both of them using foot synths at points. Goes from quite heavy to quite poppy, a real mix but really good to watch

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron
A couple of under rated and possibly forgotten albums from the punk era. Crossing The Red Sea With The Adverts, and The Ruts LP, The Crack.

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
Support though from an Icelandic duo BSI (seemingly stands for Brussel Sprouts International on their YouTube but maybe thats because BSI was already used!

BSÍ is the bus terminal in Reykjavik, I think it's where people get buses to the airport.
The S stands for Strætó (Bus), the Í for Ísland (Iceland or Icelandic) and the B... Not sure.

Brussels Sprouts International is probably to avoid BSÍ trying to sue 🧐

Last edited:

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Now here's a thing, and it's only just occured to me after much rum and many years.

Who thinks Rat Trap could be a Meatloaf song? Listen to the tune, the chords, the drama. It's proper Jim Steinman stuff. I dare you to tell me otherwise.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
Preston Band
The Avenhams
Caught them by accident last Friday and seen them twice again since within the week.
Very talented. Impressed!

They’re on Spotify - catchy stuff.