PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

What car do you drive and how do you rate it?

My last 3 cars have all been Ford Fiestas.... cost effective to run, but ultimately quite boring..

I dont need a big car , but i am considering a change - does anyone have experience of an Audi A1 ??

I am eyeing one up at FOW - 3 years old but only done 9.800 miles.. It looks quite sporty

Any thoughts ?
Audi's are ok but they don't come with indicators and I believe there is an issue with the windscreen that makes drivers believe they are further away from the car in front than they actually are.

Audi's are ok but they don't come with indicators and I believe there is an issue with the windscreen that makes drivers believe they are further away from the car in front than they actually are.
Ha Ha Ha....... i thought that was just beamers !!!

Range rover sport, greta makes me want to keep it, not too bad, very comfortable, but pricey when needs repairing. Had an E-class before and it was the best car I ever had. Probably go back to merc after this.

Range rover sport, greta makes me want to keep it, not too bad, very comfortable, but pricey when needs repairing. Had an E-class before and it was the best car I ever had. Probably go back to merc after this.
I do think a lot of the mercs are better looking and more classy than the other German rivals.

My last 3 cars have all been Ford Fiestas.... cost effective to run, but ultimately quite boring..

I dont need a big car , but i am considering a change - does anyone have experience of an Audi A1 ??

I am eyeing one up at FOW - 3 years old but only done 9.800 miles.. It looks quite sporty

Any thoughts ?

A1 drivers are A1 wankers. Avoid.

How rude Martyn....

I have found a nice A1 at FOW which I might go for a test drive in tomorrow...

I might prove to be a non wanker Audi driver....

Ha ha go for it mate I think they look like nice cars. All I know is the dicks I see on the road usually drive an A1 or a BMW 1 series...

I do think a lot of the mercs are better looking and more classy than the other German rivals.
Agreed. Every car I have ever owned has been a merc up to now being a range rover sport, will deffo get another merc in the future. I will avoid the 4 cylinder diesel in the newer ones from about 2011 onwards as I've heard of slipping timing chains.

Any thoughts ?
Nice looking cars, should be OK with that low miles, wouldn't touch one over 80k especially with an auto box (dsg)
Also as stated with bmw especially with the 2.0d made cheaply and not like with bmws of old, timing chains being made of cheaper steel and slipping being an issue especially in the 2.0d engines.

Any thoughts ?
Your 64 years old
sporty is buying liquorice and black currant in lieu of werthers. Get a grip man

Your 64 years old
sporty is buying liquorice and black currant in lieu of werthers. Get a grip man
How jolly rude..... you are only as old as you feel

by the way, I love liquorice and black currant toffees

Vivaro van with bulkhead taken out and 5 more seats added to make 8.
Averages 49mpg on annual trip to Perpignan in the summer.
Love it.

Talking of vans, a couple of days ago I was driving near Preston Hospital, there was parked cars and I stopped to let a small white van get through. As it got closer i was expecting the driver to raise his hand to say thanks, no, instead he raised a sign saying thank you :) Only a little thing but it proper amused me and absolutely made my day.

White van men eh :)

Talking of vans, a couple of days ago I was driving near Preston Hospital, there was parked cars and I stopped to let a small white van get through. As it got closer i was expecting the driver to raise his hand to say thanks, no, instead he raised a sign saying thank you :) Only a little thing but it proper amused me and absolutely made my day.

White van men eh :)
I like it..... think we should all get one for our passenger seat :LOL: