PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

What happened to the flags?

JoeJF

Patron
As post says, we used to have numerous flags covering the unfinished part of the IP. Seem to remember it being organised on here a good few years ago. Any way we could possibly rally together again?

I'm with you. What happened to the big 'sheep in wolfs clothing' flag? It would be great to have that at the plastics game.

Great flags that we could realistically put on the seats in the finney. Would like to see sir Tom legend flag out there too!

Over the years I've left or lost North End flags throughout the land. Currently missing in action... True Prestonians Love a Butter Pie, Union Flag Proud Preston CHA, Preston Seniors, Sherwood Strollers and an old Union flag off BAC strand rd PNEFC think I left that in Gillingham.....

I think somebody had previously said on this forum that the "sheep in wolves" flag is no more, but surely some of the 20 or 30 that used to adorn the " Gap " in the invicibles must still be knocking around somewhere............

There used to be some really nice flags........

I'm with you. What happened to the big 'sheep in wolfs clothing' flag? It would be great to have that at the plastics game.

Got binned along with three other flags when the Pavilion was knocked down. They lived in the store room near the paddock toilets and literally everything was emptied into a skip with the drums surviving as they'd be taken home at the end of the previous season to be reskinned.

Never mind the flags what happened to the large wooden club crest above the Pavillion Stand the lamb with gold lettering PNEFC

It wasnt that long ago that a few of us contributed to the upkeep of the flags and since then they have hardly ever appeared

Yeah I donated £20 just before they all virtually disappeared (the Gentry/Clockwork Orange was stolen) and pneflags Twitter account declared they weren't going to do any more player flags as they keep leaving.

Yeah I donated £20 just before they all virtually disappeared (the Gentry/Clockwork Orange was stolen) and pneflags Twitter account declared they weren't going to do any more player flags as they keep leaving.

I remember thinking at the time it was an incredibly short sighted decision to theme the flags around current players, especially given the cost of producing them.

I'm not surprised these flags have disappeared, but who in their right mind would steal a PNE themed flag? I think it's now common knowledge that the classic 'wolf in sheep's clothing' flag was destroyed at least a decade ago. A new one would have to be made from scratch and fire proofed etc. which would probably be extortionate given how big it was.

I have actually seen a miniature version of it at a few away games in recent years though.

I thought they had that one remade?