When Tuesday Comes

europne

Advisor to the Owner
All our rivals are away, all with tricky games.their opponents Bradford, Fleetwood and Rochdale are all still after getting in the play offs. If only they could all get wins at home and we can pick up 3 against Gillingham.

No one can afford less than a win.

But football is such an unpredictable game.

deepdale207

First Team
tues vs gillingham worries me much more than yesterday's game vs bristol city. there appears to be almost an assumption that we are a banker 3 points tues due to merely playing at home to midtable gills???!!!

it only takes 1 or 2 of our players to have a similar arrogant mindset and we will come unstuck. if the deepdale crowd (less than 10k with champions league on tv?) turn up assuming 3 points is a foregone conclusion. it could be a recipe for disaster.

we need the same vocal support we got yesterday plus no less than 100% from all players. this game is huge!!

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
tues vs gillingham worries me much more than yesterday's game vs bristol city. there appears to be almost an assumption that we are a banker 3 points tues due to merely playing at home to midtable gills???!!!

it only takes 1 or 2 of our players to have a similar arrogant mindset and we will come unstuck. if the deepdale crowd (less than 10k with champions league on tv?) turn up assuming 3 points is a foregone conclusion. it could be a recipe for disaster.

we need the same vocal support we got yesterday plus no less than 100% from all players. this game is huge!!

Totally agree with this... Gills are no mugs as they showed yesterday !

26-0

Advisor to the Owner

I agree that this could be a tricky match.

But I'm confident that our management team and players are professional and determined enough to ensure the right positive attitude and another strong performance.

A very important match and an opportunity to maintain or even possibly extend our 5 point lead over MKD.

There must be no complacency now though to risk seeing that important, but quite slender, lead disappear.

OP
E

europne

Advisor to the Owner

They are all tricky games at this time in the season as MKD found out at Port Vale yesterday.

cideriup

First Team
Watcha lads, be careful with the Gills, they are a much improved side under their new boss and will give you a tough game. They've got pace up front now and play a young lad called Dack at the front of a midfield diamond and he has looked decent (we've played them FIVE times this season). MacDonald up front for them is possibly the best finisher in L1 and will need watching.
That said, I can't see you blowing this now but be wary of the Gills, Justin Edinburgh has got them going quite well and you will need to be on your toes for them.

Nantwich-whites

Youth Team
The problem is that in having nothing to play for, they will be relaxed. We on the other hand will be nervous. We have to ensure we stay focused and at no point underestimate our opponents. There are no easy games left for any team at the top.

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
The problem is that in having nothing to play for, they will be relaxed. We on the other hand will be nervous. We have to ensure we stay focused and at no point underestimate our opponents. There are no easy games left for any team at the top.

Nothing to play for? What about impressing the new manager? Playing for new contracts? Motivated by testing themselves against 2nd place?

lasherbasher

Forum Patron
Patron
Watcha lads, be careful with the Gills, they are a much improved side under their new boss and will give you a tough game. They've got pace up front now and play a young lad called Dack at the front of a midfield diamond and he has looked decent (we've played them FIVE times this season). MacDonald up front for them is possibly the best finisher in L1 and will need watching.
That said, I can't see you blowing this now but be wary of the Gills, Justin Edinburgh has got them going quite well and you will need to be on your toes for them.

Good points you make. Of course, the other week they drew 0 each at your place and beat Bradford on Sat so no mugs. Any team with a Hassenthaler in the squad will be a pain to beat

OP
E

europne

Advisor to the Owner
For Tuesday Swindon have 3 key players banned, MKD have lost key man Lewington and Port Vale have Collins at the back, all positives for us.

But we must give Gillingham as much respect as Bristol City.

Neaty

First Team
There'll be no signs of complacency, I am sure Grayson will have been drilling this into them in training this week.

Hopefully, we'll have a good crowd to get behind the lads and see them over the line. We had a good gate on Saturday, same again Tuesday would help a lot.

dirk pnemouse

Youth Team
No point worrying about Gillingham just go out play to your strengths and impose your game on them , christ every game now someone seems to have a feeling in there big toe its going to go tits up , its getting boring . Were streets ahead of them because were miles better and also on a 14 match outstanding run so its grow some balls time and stop expecting the worst .

UP THE NOBBERS