PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Where is the dosh coming from?

europne

Patron
With the new season just over a month away I was wondering where PNE ( and all other clubs for that matter ) are getting the dosh from?

Normally season ticket sales money would be in and cash coming in from gate receipts........but none of that is happening.

Normal running costs are fixed with added costs because of Covid.

Fans are expecting signings for the new season as per usual.

But who is paying for all this........

Hopefully there is some tv money, I can see advertising revenues also being down.

With the new season just over a month away I was wondering where PNE ( and all other clubs for that matter ) are getting the dosh from?

Normally season ticket sales money would be in and cash coming in from gate receipts........but none of that is happening.

Hopefully there is some tv money, I can see advertising revenues also being down.
"Normal running costs" are a matter for the club's billionaire business owner - he's going to have to cover them himself.

"Fans are expecting signings for the new season as per usual", sure - and as per usual, fans will doubtless be disappointed.

I think its a fair question and, being honest, I cant see past this reply.

Trevor Hemmings is paying

"Normal running costs" are a matter for the club's billionaire business owner - he's going to have to cover them himself.

"Fans are expecting signings for the new season as per usual", sure - and as per usual, fans will doubtless be disappointed.

Like you say, he is a billionaire. PNE is currently a small drain on his resources but his fortune is in no way dependant on the club so, perhaps he will cover the ever growing financial burden but...... because he has to? I doubt it.

Who knows what other drains there are on his wealth at this current time.......🤔

Like you say, he is a billionaire. PNE is currently a small drain on his resources but his fortune is in no way dependant on the club so, perhaps he will cover the ever growing financial burden but...... because he has to? I doubt it.
Well yeah - because he has to.

Fuller answer: he either has to, or he forfeits what he has already invested in the club by entering administration.

He's as much trapped as we fans are, until someone comes along and meets his (ever-increasing, ever-more-unrealistic) valuation for the club.

I think its a fair question and, being honest, I cant see past this reply.

I agree. Which is why I think it's slightly naive to think we won't sell a couple of players this summer.

We've seen some posts in recent weeks saying there will be no market for our players, despite the Prem clubs still having lots of money. That our players will sign again to provide themselves with some security in this climate. That we could let their contracts run down (they are multi-million pound assets !). We've also seen suggestions on the transfer thread of players who would command £2-3m fees.

These are all things that don't happen under normal circumstances, never mind when we're losing even more money than usual. We're a club that is heavily reliant on gate money, which currently cannot sell tickets.

Far from being some sort of financial leveller, I think this could be a painful summer. I'd also expect, as in 2017, us to be looking for a manager that is out of work if Neil's release clause is met. Would be more money in the coffers.

I agree. Which is why I think it's slightly naive to think we won't sell a couple of players this summer.

We've seen some posts in recent weeks saying there will be no market for our players, despite the Prem clubs still having lots of money. That our players will sign again to provide themselves with some security in this climate. That we could let their contracts run down (they are multi-million pound assets !). We've also seen suggestions on the transfer thread of players who would command £2-3m fees.

These are all things that don't happen under normal circumstances, never mind when we're losing even more money than usual. We're a club that is heavily reliant on gate money, which currently cannot sell tickets.

Far from being some sort of financial leveller, I think this could be a painful summer. I'd also expect, as in 2017, us to be looking for a manager that is out of work if Neil's release clause is met. Would be more money in the coffers.
Like it or not, for clubs our size, the name of the game is surviving this shit storm thats affected the whole world. thats not being negative its being realistic.

I certainly wont be considering a season ticket, for this season at least, and I would imagine Im not alone. The clubwill have this in mind too as they attempt to somehow prepare for an unknown future. I dont envy them.

If a player wants to leave to the PL we won't stand in their way. Annoyingly we have a few that could step up and there needs to be a plan in place.

I suppose for now the best we can do is maintain optimism.