PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Where were they?

Looking at those players that played yesterday, there were quite a few of the squad missing.

I assume DJ and Browne due to international duties having shortened their break.

Our new signings, Brown and Olosunde didn’t play

Neither did Ched, Hunts or Ripley.

from the youth squad, Ethan Walker and Holland Wilkinson didn’t play

I assume Jack Baxter was missing because he had been playing in Ireland, although Adam O’Reilly got 45 minutes.

Does anyone know if any of them are injured or what?

Looking at those players that played yesterday, there were quite a few of the squad missing.

I assume DJ and Browne due to international duties having shortened their break.

I assume Jack Baxter was missing because he had been playing in Ireland, although Adam O’Reilly got 45 minutes.

It’s a very good point… When is our next friendly ??

You would expect most of them to feature unless as you say they are injured..

Browne hasn’t been on international duty, he requested not to be chosen

Johnson is still on duty with Jamaica

No point playing Ripley if we intend to get rid

Holland Wilkinson was playing with the youth team in their preseason friendly

Assume the rest were left out because McAvoy wanted to see what the young lads were able to do

Great from mcavoy throwing the kids in. One of them could turn out to be a jewel. There's many young lads out there in that position but never get a chance . You never know, we could have the next england International on our hands.

Browne is being eased back having played most of last season with an injury (unspecified by the club).

no idea about the rest though hadn't seen the likes of Walker on the video from training either..... As V17 says maybe a few are 'self isolating'.

will be interesting to see WHO goes to Scotland...

Browne is being eased back having played most of last season with an injury (unspecified by the club).

If he was carrying an injury (for most of the season) it's no wonder he struggled to find consistency. In fact I would go further and suggest the club were out of order asking/expecting him to play while injured.

Alan Browne will be in the gym for the first few days of pre-season as he is eased back after resting an injury during the break.

He had been carrying the injury last season and did not go on international duty in the summer in order to help the issue settle down.

If he has been carrying this injury last season and it has still not settled down, you have to wonder if this is a long-term ongoing problem which will have to be addressed at some point.

If he was carrying an injury (for most of the season) it's no wonder he struggled to find consistency. In fact I would go further and suggest the club were out of order asking/expecting him to play while injured.
shows what a committed team / club man he is....... when in need he put PNE before his health,,,,

shows what a committed team / club man he is....... when in need he put PNE before his health,,,,
Indeed it does mate, however, I maintain that the club was negligent of his welfare by continuing to play him. If the manager doesn't pick you, you don't play, if the manager says "get yourself better" you get yourself better and come back in a fit state to be effective.

Indeed it does mate, however, I maintain that the club was negligent of his welfare by continuing to play him. If the manager doesn't pick you, you don't play, if the manager says "get yourself better" you get yourself better and come back in a fit state to be effective.
I guess we dont actually know the injury......but some players just play through it.... Ameobi needed knee injections often to turn out...

Browne might have a slight hernia for example......that is manageable but could settle with prolonged rest rather than surgery..

As Gally would say, most players play with injuries - it just depends for how long and whether they deteriorate.

I guess we dont actually know the injury......but some players just play through it.... Ameobi needed knee injections often to turn out...

Browne might have a slight hernia for example......that is manageable but could settle with prolonged rest rather than surgery..

As Gally would say, most players play with injuries - it just depends for how long and whether they deteriorate.
Yes I agree with all you say, I'm not looking for an argument, I am just saying if indeed he was carrying an injury, it was pretty obvious his form was being affected and therefore he should have been rested. To play someone who's form is off is a smack in the teeth to others in the squad (who play in that position) and sends the wrong message to them. Also it was unfair to Browne. IMHO :)

Brown injured already and O'Reilly has also got injured and there's a suggestion it isn't a trivial one.