Which keeper starts v Swansea?

Which keeper next week?

• Total voters

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
It looks highly unlikely that Rudd will be fit for next week.

So who gets your call to start between the sticks?

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
voted Hudson, but only because we need to sign strikers and adding another position to the shopping list makes it all so unlikely.

pbc373

Manager
Sign someone urgently and try everything to get rid of Ripley.

We cannot go into the season with Ripley in goal. WTF signed him, seen some poor keepers over my 50 odd years watching North End, can't think of a worse one.

HunterLionheart

Advisor to the Owner
He didn't have an awful game today, but nobody has any confidence in Ripley at this point, he needs to go for the sake of his career. Start Hudson, or sign someone if Rudd is gonna be out for a while.

MBcha

Forum Patron
Patron
I was tempted to vote Ripley as I think that he will start. Not that he SHOULD.

But I went with sign someone, Neil doesn't seem to trust Hudson yet so I think we need to dip into the market for a short term signing.

OP
JK

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
voted Hudson, but only because we need to sign strikers and adding another position to the shopping list makes it all so unlikely.

I agree.

In an ideal world we would bring someone in on loan with us geting rid of ripley but with the salary cap preventing him being loaned out & the 25 man sqaud cap affecting us I can't see it as we need that space for a striker.

So I would also go Hudson.

Last edited:
We don't have to include every pro in the 25. So we could sign another keeper and leave Ripley out of the squad. However, given our budget I don't think that that is likely.