PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Which should Pearson miss ?

No offence mate but what game did you watch??

I can't recall a game where Pearson mis timed as many tackles as he did last night, and his sloppy pass led to their goal.

Didn't think DJ was up to much either until the space opened up when they went down to 10.
I did say in my previous post that Pearson only came to life after about 50 minutes. Probably because of the recent two games he missed. He was terrible in the first half, including the pass for their goal.

Johnson controlled our tempo once Gallagher went off and he was consistently passing forward to Barker, Nmecha and Maguire. Maybe my mind is playing tricks but but I though alongside Barker he was the positive player in that second half.

Yeah, lets be fair our midfield was complete and utter balls until the red card.

Pearson, Gally and DJ were all awful not helped by our shocking system that no one had a clue how to play.
I think that was due to not having an outlet, Nmecha was trying. But as has been proven time and again Maguire can be consistently beaten by two defenders, he looked far more dangerous behind Stockley rather than the lone man up front.

Anyway, Neil noticed all of this and changed it at half time Barker was a brilliant sub to come on.

I did say in my previous post that Pearson only came to life after about 50 minutes. Probably because of the recent two games he missed. He was terrible in the first half, including the pass for their goal.

Johnson controlled our tempo once Gallagher went off and he was consistently passing forward to Barker, Nmecha and Maguire. Maybe my mind is playing tricks but but I though alongside Barker he was the positive player in that second half.

Aye don't disagree, the sending off had a huge impact, but so did the goal. If Ayala had got a yellow and Gally still scored I'd have still fancied us.

I scored with a slide tackle like that once. Unfortunately into my own net.

As for Pearson... to put it in terms you might understand... your tirade is like constantly calling James Anderson a crap cricketer - citing his lack of runs.

Oh come on - that's as wide of the mark as one of Pearson's rare shots.

A midfielder is the football equivalent of an all-rounder; they're supposed to chip in at both ends(/with bat and ball).

It's not as though we've got a brilliant defensive record despite Pearson's 'heroics' (leaked 50 compared compared to 38 for Bristol City and 28 for Boro), nor is it the case that the likes of Barky, Gally, Browne, Potts and even DJ fail to contribute in a defensive sense despite managing to consistently hit the back of the net.

If you're prepared to think outside the box (where Pearson plays his football) for a moment , it's our 9 draws (and counting) at home that will cost us the play offs.

He's played in 7 of them. Consider the difference even 1 assist and 1 goal would have made.

It's not much to ask from someone playing in the middle of the park.

A midfielder is the football equivalent of an all-rounder; they're supposed to chip in at both ends(/with bat and ball).

It's not as though we've got a brilliant defensive record despite Pearson's 'heroics' (leaked 50 compared compared to 38 for Bristol City and 28 for Boro), nor is it the case that the likes of Barky, Gally, Browne, Potts and even DJ fail to contribute in a defensive sense despite managing to consistently hit the back of the net.

If you're prepared to think outside the box (where Pearson plays his football) for a moment , it's our 9 draws (and counting) at home that will cost us the play offs.

He's played in 7 of them. Consider the difference even 1 assist and 1 goal would have made.

You clearly don't understand football or at least the different roles certain midfielders play compared to other midfielders. From your comments there I assume when you played it was always in a flat 4-4-2 and the two CM's were expected to get up and down the pitch, Football has progressed from that, thank fuck.

Pearson is the best in the league at breaking up play, he starts the majority of our attacks by doing this and picking a pass. Have a read of this article, though you probably won't understand any of it.

Sounds like you're not overly kean on Pearson playing every week. Therefore select your midfield without him.

Recall many competitors message boards after we’ve played them calling Pearson every name under the sun. Usually finishing with the sentiment they wish he was THEIR f——er or whatever.
He is what he is, but while he’s here, I’ll enjoy the ride and be pissed off when he goes, as he sadly will.

Isn't there some sort of yellow card amnesty towards the end of the season where they get wiped?

We won tonight despite our allegedly best player, as ever, being more interested in getting booked than scoring or creating a goal.

He’s now a mere 96 behind Gally.

As always, the centre halves and the keeper took responsibility at the back and the rest of the lads didn’t shirk the onus to score goals.

Hughes has come in from the lower leagues and stood up to be counted. Barker appeared at half time and took the game to Boro whilst Pearson watched from the centre circle.

I could play his role and I’m 45 and recovering from surgery on my Achilles.
I think I see your frustration in that whilst Pearson is a great talent he is not the be all and end all as we have clearly witnessed of late when he has been out and also his erratic behaviour
That said he is a fine player but probably the child at school that insisted on eating crayons !

I think I see your frustration in that whilst Pearson is a great talent he is not the be all and end all as we have clearly witnessed of late when he has been out and also his erratic behaviour
That said he is a fine player but probably the child at school that insisted on eating crayons !

Or did he shove them up his nose?

In the first half of the season, Pearson received a card every second game [that he played].

I have no reason to believe this will change. 8 more games, 4 more yellows and another suspension.

I wonder what Alex Neil is thinking. He has a couple of options.