PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Which should Pearson miss ?

In the first half of the season, Pearson received a card every second game [that he played].

I have no reason to believe this will change. 8 more games, 4 more yellows and another suspension.

I wonder what Alex Neil is thinking. He has a couple of options.
His yellow at Middlesbrough really annoyed me, he was having a go at the ref whilst the ball was still in play and they were attacking, besides the yellow he just seemed so distracted from play. I can put up with the yellows for fouls but dissent seems so stupid. Don't get me wrong he's our best player but if he could just avoid more than 2/3 games suspended next season I really think we could go up, he's that important to how we play. I'd love it if AN could have as much an effect as he's had on Robinson and Browne's play on Pearson's discipline.

His yellow at Middlesbrough really annoyed me, he was having a go at the ref whilst the ball was still in play and they were attacking, besides the yellow he just seemed so distracted from play. I can put up with the yellows for fouls but dissent seems so stupid. Don't get me wrong he's our best player but if he could just avoid more than 2/3 games suspended next season I really think we could go up, he's that important to how we play. I'd love it if AN could have as much an effect as he's had on Robinson and Browne's play on Pearson's discipline.

I think it goes deeper than that.

The whole basis of his game is the physical stuff. Much as I wish you could still stick your foot in like you used to be able to, it’s rapidly being outlawed and that leaves someone who never scores and has the creativity of Teresa May.

He does what he does well but he’s very limited and it’s a dying art.

Gally is old enough to be his dad yet he still contributes all over the park, offensively and defensively, and is by far the better footballer.

I think it goes deeper than that.

The whole basis of his game is the physical stuff. Much as I wish you could still stick your foot in like you used to be able to, it’s rapidly being outlawed and that leaves someone who never scores and has the creativity of Teresa May.

He does what he does well but he’s very limited and it’s a dying art.

Gally is old enough to be his dad yet he still contributes all over the park, offensively and defensively, and is by far the better footballer.
You're obsession with how many he scores is pretty weird, maybe find something else to do after you've come home from the pub

According to the RL commentary, he was trying to get the ref to stop the game because Nmecha was down with a head injury. Obviously the ref saw it differently.

Just to throw in another option, has anyone seen Rafferty play DM ? It's on his CV.

Play him alongside Ledson ?

As for the manager's options,
  • leaving Pearson out for a few games could have much the same effect as a 3-game ban, with a ban still to come, so
  • try to optimise the ban so that it occurs for these 3 games: IPS wig SW

There's also the option of substituting Pearo when the pressure release valve starts whistling.

Whatever happens, strenuously resist the temptation to play Johnson at DM. That was tried in the first half of the season.

I can take bookings like today. DJ played him into trouble and he took the yellow (don't think the ref would have given a brum player a yellow for the same but that is by the by) its gobbing off he needs to cut out. What's he had, 7 for dissent? We wouldn't be looking at any yellow related suspensions if it wasnt for those.

Love him as a player but got a feeling he’s gonna cost us big time.

Fortunate not to get sent off today for me.

Rubbish, there were far more and far worse fouls by other players unpunished.

Not rubbish at all.

After his yellow he was riding too close to the wind, making 2 or 3 stupid challenges, fact.

A lot worse did go unpunished but only due to the incompetence of the officials!

Not rubbish at all.

After his yellow he was riding too close to the wind, making 2 or 3 stupid challenges, fact.

A lot worse did go unpunished but only due to the incompetence of the officials!

He was given what looked like a final warning by the referee (he called Davies over to reinforce the message) and arguably could have been booked for that challenge. He then committed a couple more fouls that the referee should really have punished with a booking if he’d been given a final warning.

We miss him whilst he’s out (Browne wasn’t the same without him) but we also missed Browne badly today. Without Browne (and Gallagher to a lesser degree) there is too much presssure on Pearson to carry the defensive side of the midfield.

He was given what looked like a final warning by the referee (he called Davies over to reinforce the message) and arguably could have been booked for that challenge. He then committed a couple more fouls that the referee should really have punished with a booking if he’d been given a final warning.

We miss him whilst he’s out (Browne wasn’t the same without him) but we also missed Browne badly today. Without Browne (and Gallagher to a lesser degree) there is too much presssure on Pearson to carry the defensive side of the midfield.

I agree pal and glad to see it wasn’t just me who thought Pearson was lucky not to walk.

12 is confirmed. A further suspension looks likely, unfortunately (15 bookings, 3-game suspension).

He just needs to avoid 1 booking in 1 of these 3 games: rea SU LEE

Then he can play against wba.

Seems doable. Maybe.

A final warning after two innocuous fouls was ridiculous considering the fouls the ref let go unpunished. The ref warned Jutkiewitz after his elbow in Davies face and when he committed a late foul minutes later didn’t even speak to him. After that I think Pearson committed one foul in the rest of the game. Compare that to Dean who flattened Stockley numerous times and then started on Maguire after that.

The ref clearly has a pre-conceived notion of Pearson. Booked him for his first challenge (probably the right decision) but then called Davies over immediately after his next one which was a nothing foul. Completely unnecessary refereeing.