Which way do we start?

Chartley

Forum Patron
Patron
I was just wondering if anyone has a stat... if PNE win the toss, do we always choose to kick in the same direction? (particularly at home)

OOOO3

First Team
I was just wondering if anyone has a stat... if PNE win the toss, do we always choose to kick in the same direction? (particularly at home)
Not sure you need stats.. I think both teams like kicking towards their own fans in the second half so even if we lose it’s normally Town End second half...

They you obviously get the odd annoying captain or the weather / sun position is factored

OP
C

Chartley

Forum Patron
Patron
Not sure you need stats.. I think both teams like kicking towards their own fans in the second half so even if we lose it’s normally Town End second half...

They you obviously get the odd annoying captain or the weather / sun position is factored
Yep...was jsut wondering as it will be blowing a bit tomorrow from the SW

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Actually would be a good idea if they binned off the toss and made it a convention that the home team chooses.
It’s sh1t when the opposition turns the teams round just to be awkward (I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often.)

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
I remember a game against Reading, around 2002, when they were managed by Alan Pardew and Martin Allen. I think it was Allen who had their players doing their warm up at the Town End, in a clear attempt to unsettle us. I can't recall which way we kicked off but I seem to remember their tactics worked and we lost.*

Edit: seems we won 1-0, so ultimately, the tactics didn't work!

Last edited:

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
I remember a game against Reading, around 2002, when they were managed by Alan Pardew and Martin Allen. I think it was Allen who had their players doing their warm up at the Town End, in a clear attempt to unsettle us. I can't recall which way we kicked off but I seem to remember their tactics worked and we lost.
Reading have always been our bogey team, haven’t they? Remember that game at the start of the 05/06 season I think when they stuffed us 4-0, Lita getting two goals.

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Reading have always been our bogey team, haven’t they? Remember that game at the start of the 05/06 season I think when they stuffed us 4-0, Lita getting two goals.
They have, although as far as I can see, after researching it, we actually won the game I referred to 1-0!