PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Whiskey

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Patron
I think there was a thread years ago but I can't find it.

Anyway, I went out with my mates on April 17th and it was the 1st time we had met up since Dec 2019 (Joshua v Ruiz 2) and towards the end of the night, one of the lads ordered 4 Jameson Whiskeys - which 3 of us had never tasted before - and bloody hell, how smooth and delightful it tasted with Ice!!

Blew me away.

Bought a 35cl bottle last week, as a taster at £12-50, and damn!!!!, it is so so smooth, the £30 proper bottle is getting bought this coming weekend.

It is like a whole new world has just opened up in front of me, Glenfiddich was the previous best I had tasted within this genre but Jameson takes it onto another level.

image_96def654-d825-42b6-9ccd-a2ddf91c1cc7_1800x1800.jpg

What Whiskeys - or Whiskys - do you lot like?

Anyway, I went out with my mates on April 17th and it was the 1st time we had met up since Dec 2019 (Joshua v Ruiz 2) and towards the end of the night, one of the lads ordered 4 Jameson Whiskeys - which 3 of us had never tasted before - and bloody hell, how smooth and delightful it tasted with Ice!!

Blew me away.

Bought a 35cl bottle last week, as a taster at £12-50, and damn!!!!, it is so so smooth, the £30 proper bottle is getting bought this coming weekend.

It is like a whole new world has just opened up in front of me, Glenfiddich was the previous best I had tasted within this genre but Jameson takes it onto another level.

Any Malt whiskey although it can be extremely expensive. I like Glenfiddich too.

Good shout, Jameson is a good drink. Personally, Lagavulin and Laphroaig for me - those ultra-medicinal TCP flavours from Islay, I love having my socks knocked off

Pretty much all Irish whiskies I find smoother than Scotch. Jameson’s do a particular cracker of a whiskey that is matured in stout barrels. Absolutely superb.

Good shout, Jameson is a good drink. Personally, Lagavulin and Laphroaig for me - those ultra-medicinal TCP flavours from Islay, I love having my socks knocked off
Got a bottle of Talisker at Christmas. I actually thought it had “gone off” when I opened it. Very much an acquired taste. Apparently most of the Western Isles single malts are very peaty and have a similar “tcp” tang.

Got a bottle of Talisker at Christmas. I actually thought it had “gone off” when I opened it. Very much an acquired taste. Apparently most of the Western Isles single malts are very peaty and have a similar “tcp” tang.
Yep definitely an acquired taste. Not for the faint hearted, and you know when you've drunk it.

Blew me away.

Done well to get to your ripe old age without trying it before Jack! It’s certainly a reliable drop. Must be a litre bottle if you’re shelling out thirty sheets for it. The distillery tour is worth a trip next time you are in Dublin. As is the Pot Still pub in Glasgow.

You might like Bushmills (from NI) which is broadly in the same flavour profile of your favourites.

Should you wish to try something with a little more peat, then Sainsbury’s often have Johnnie Walker Black on offer at twenty quid for a 70cl bottle which is decent value.

The Islay ones may be a step too far though!

Blew me away.

I love Jameson’s..... every time me and Mrs Ando go out for a meal I always have a Jameson’s at the end..

My favourite malt is Glengoyne..... although I do like Glenfiddich as well.

When I was 50 we went to Glasgow for a couple of nights and we went for a look around the Glengoyne distillery , that was the first time I tasted it.... I like the 12 year old one in particular.

I have an unopened bottle of the the Macallan which I got as a special birthday present. I had a glass when we were taken out at work once and it was heaven. I'm saving it for a special occasion, I'm scared to open it otherwise, it must've cost at least £60. :)

I have an unopened bottle of the the Macallan which I got as a special birthday present. I had a glass when we were taken out at work once and it was heaven. I'm saving it for a special occasion, I'm scared to open it otherwise, it must've cost at least £60. :)

Every day is a special occasion - get it drunk.

aye it is very expensive indeed, ive never had any macallan, did you read about that fella who gave his granson a bottle of macallan every birthday?