PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

White Ball Cricket 2021

justinr73

Patron
Livingstone back in the T20 squad after his decent showing Down Under.

7th top run scorer.

Top two were Hales and Vince.

No Root.

Stokes is in with a top score of 47 not out.

Will be an interesting series with the World Cup to follow in India later in the year.

On paper, I believe we have the best One Day / T20 squad in world cricket. Aggressive, dynamic, talented and tactically superior.
India won't be any mugs in their own back yard, but I fully expect us to outplay them. Looking forward to it.

Not only on paper but the rankings say so too. As does that big shiny trophy probably locked in a cupboard somewhere at Lord's

Hopefully another one this year

Not only on paper but the rankings say so too. As does that big shiny trophy probably locked in a cupboard somewhere at Lord's

Hopefully another one this year
Absolutely. Plus we have so much strength in depth, we could arguably make a second team which would be extremely competitive against any other country. Its a good time to be a white/pink ball England cricket fan.

Livingstone back in the T20 squad after his decent showing Down Under.

7th top run scorer.

Top two were Hales and Vince.

No Root.

Stokes is in with a top score of 47 not out.

Will be an interesting series with the World Cup to follow in India later in the year.
Vince was brilliant in the big bash final............

If India produce wickets like they have for this test match, it will be a low scoring world cup.

Interesting that Rashid is on the auction for the IPL. Hopefully a sign that he is fully fit at last, either that or he needs a wheelbarrow full of money!

Livingstone is also in the auction this year, probably rightly so if he wants to get in the World Cup squad.

I don’t blame him one bit, I’d do the same thing in his position. He could become very wealthy and should always be available for England white ball teams because of the way the calendar is.

Rash and Hales go unsold in the IPL auction.

Malan goes for tuppence ha’penny.

How does Tom Curran go for £520k, and Malan go for £150k. Makes no sense.

An "allrounder" who has 19 wickets in 8 years at an econ of 8.57 and no 50s since 2016 got sold for £1.4m. Glenn Maxwell has the best marketing team in the world. Made a fortune despite being particularly awful

Maxwell has a poor record in the IPL recently but has the potential to come good at any moment. It’s sometimes also overlooked that he’s probably the best fielder in world cricket, that was the aspect of his game i most enjoyed watching at OT in 2019. He’s not worth the amount he’s got this time but Chris Morris must be laughing himself silly. That really is an assured amount.

When I turned off because it was immensely boring, Roy had also gone unsold as had Billings. Livingstone also went for £75,000, so will miss a chunk of the season for Lancashire - although his chances of playing ahead of Morris, Buttler, Stokes and Archer are negligible.

I like Sam’s career bowling stats.

One ball. Four runs!

I also quite like Chris Morris. Seemed to be bowling some good yorkers this year and his economy rate was about the same as Jofra.

Didn’t do much with the bat although he can obviously hit a long ball.

Got 69 batting properly on debut to help Bavuma to his historic ton in the same game that Stokes went beserk at Newlands. Only played 3 more Tests.

Tim Wigmore’s done an article in the Telegraph about Morris with some stats, he had the best record last year in the last 5 overs. He’s the sort of player India has a shortage of and will always attract a premium I suppose.

Watched a bit of the PSL, not sure how England can keep leaving out Vince & Hales out if we are picking form players. That said they must be earning a fortune on their round the World T20 tour.

High scoring game in New Zealand. NZ, 219-7 off their 20 with Guptill hitting 97 off 50 & Neesham 45 off 16. Australia lose by 4 runs, Stonis 78 off 37 and Sams 41 off 15. Sounds like a cracker

Hales was on the Hussain and Key show last week. Came across reasonably well. Said he’d moved out of Nottingham and settled down a bit. Just asking for some communication from England.