PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

White Ball Cricket 2021

124 for Bairstow, following knocks of 94, 112, 0, 84, 4 and 82 in his previous six innings in the format.

Three ducks in his last four visits to the crease in Tests.

Utterly bizarre captaincy from Kohli. Two overs left from your best bowler and you leave him out of the attack in favour of a bloke who‘s been around the park all day, it’s not as though he can possibly think he’ll be needed at the death - there won’t be a death!

Finally we drop Tom Curran and Reece Topley decides to take up the slack! The difference between Wood (and Archer when he plays) and the Currans/Topley is so pronounced to be worrying, Wood gets hit for a boundary and he adjusts his line, his angle and his pace. Topley and Curran carry on with the same deliveries.

Looks a belting pitch, any width at all is going to the boundary. Parky has possibly dodged a bullet today.

India off to a flyer by their standards. If we don't get a couple of quick wickets we could be chasing close to 400

Judging by that delivery from Rashid, I am see Livi getting a couple of overs today. I know he tends to go for a few but he does what Parky doesn’t do and turns it both ways regularly.

Judging by that delivery from Rashid, I am see Livi getting a couple of overs today. I know he tends to go for a few but he does what Parky doesn’t do and turns it both ways regularly.
Couple of overs or couple of wickets?? 😉

Couple of overs or couple of wickets?? 😉
He could have had a couple of wickets! He didn’t bowl well but he does have the happy knack of getting wickets with bad deliveries.

Moeen has bowled very well, Rashid has bowled an unusually high amount of bad deliveries but also real corkers. The less said about Topley and Curran (thus far) the better, I’m still struggling to work out what Mahmood did wrong in ODIs - 5 wickets, strike rate of 39 and economy 4.75 in 4 matches.

Finally we drop Tom Curran and Reece Topley decides to take up the slack! The difference between Wood (and Archer when he plays) and the Currans/Topley is so pronounced to be worrying, Wood gets hit for a boundary and he adjusts his line, his angle and his pace. Topley and Curran carry on with the same deliveries.

Looks a belting pitch, any width at all is going to the boundary. Parky has possibly dodged a bullet today.
I just don’t get why the selectors seem to like Topley - bowls low 80s, can’t bat, and not even young enough to be considered a long term investment. At least Sam Curran has a few strings to his bow and is young with significant potential upside in terms of his batting.

He could have had a couple of wickets! He didn’t bowl well but he does have the happy knack of getting wickets with bad deliveries.

Moeen has bowled very well, Rashid has bowled an unusually high amount of bad deliveries but also real corkers. The less said about Topley and Curran (thus far) the better, I’m still struggling to work out what Mahmood did wrong in ODIs - 5 wickets, strike rate of 39 and economy 4.75 in 4 matches.
I think the fact he's taken a couple of wickets will gloss over just how bad Rashid has been today. I assume he was given his full allocation out of desperation more than anything. It's been poor all round from the bowling attack but feels like that could be said in every game. How we miss Woakes and Archer!

We need Roy and Bairstow to hit the ground running again today.

Sometimes the commentators get a right bashing, often deserved. However, Dinesh Kartik is absolutely marvellous. He’s fair, very knowledgeable and with a dose of good humour. Unfortunately, they’ve now switched to the ego that is Ian Ward!

Jason Roy's fielding has come on leaps and bounds in the past 12 months. I remember in one game Tom Curran bollocking him because he didnt dive for one that dropped a couple of feet in front of him, now he throws himself about for everything. Great pair of hands too

England have fought back well here, looked for all the world we would be chasing 400 when Pant was in.

Topley does seem to bowl better at the death, but I agree the fact that he's also injury prone and the next 50 over world cup is in October 2023, does make him a strange selection.

Mark Wood has had a good winter, really committed cricketer, hope he stays fit for the Ashes.