PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

White Ball Cricket 2021

I gave it a whirl last night but it didn't float my boat. Didn't bother at all with tonight's game and doubt I'll tune in again.

Its just not cricket.
Yeah, that’s where I am heading Plungy….

I watched last night and I watched again tonight - my problem is that I can’t feel anything for Manchester , whereas when Lanky play I am delighted when they win but gutted when they lose !!

Having said that at the end of the day it is a format of cricket and one which might be a nice way to spend the summer nights..

Last edited:
I've been out, so didn't see it. But just looked at the scorecard. Errr... what the hell? Did Saqib Mahmood accidentally walk into the wrong dressing room?!

Broadly agree, it's a load of shite. Media obsession with atmosphere and how many young kids are there is pathetic. They've got free tickets!!

No doubt it will be an amazing success (it has to be I guess) but I'm just not interested
How much are the tickets full price?. Not cheap I imagine.

I've been out, so didn't see it. But just looked at the scorecard. Errr... what the hell? Did Saqib Mahmood accidentally walk into the wrong dressing room?!
He twisted and fell on his side whilst fielding and didn’t bowl again. The commentators didn’t mention it but he he’s had a few side injuries, including one this season, so a little disconcerting - although he did carry on fielding.

He twisted and fell on his side whilst fielding and didn’t bowl again. The commentators didn’t mention it but he he’s had a few side injuries, including one this season, so a little disconcerting - although he did carry on fielding.
I think he means playing for the wrong team....?!

Broadly agree, it's a load of shite. Media obsession with atmosphere and how many young kids are there is pathetic. They've got free tickets!!

No doubt it will be an amazing success (it has to be I guess) but I'm just not interested
After a year's delay, they've been lucky to hit this hot weather for the first 2 games.

As with all cricket, let's see what happens when the climate turns back to normal UK setting. What the razzmatazz and enthusiasm looks like then.

I watched last night and quite frankly thought it was shit. The reasons why have already been mentioned. I might give it another go, but next time on Sky. The BBC team get right on my nerves, all that was missing last night, was that daft statistician with the bad hair.
Also, Vaughan and Tuffnell will be getting a bollocking. They, more than once, referred to overs and not balls. Also, Vaughan said he wasn't a fan of the white cards. That's no good, not towing the party line.
Another gripe. How many times do they have to refer to the female DJ? That, and the shit group at half time, I've had my fill. A resounding no from me. The hundread is shit.

I watched last night and quite frankly thought it was shit. The reasons why have already been mentioned. I might give it another go, but next time on Sky. The BBC team get right on my nerves, all that was missing last night, was that daft statistician with the bad hair.
Also, Vaughan and Tuffnell will be getting a bollocking. They, more than once, referred to overs and not balls. Also, Vaughan said he wasn't a fan of the white cards. That's no good, not towing the party line.
Another gripe. How many times do they have to refer to the female DJ? That, and the shit group at half time, I've had my fill. A resounding no from me. The hundread is shit.
Fairly comprehensive summing up there, and I can't find a lot of fault with it. In fact nothing.

On another issue, bearing in mind your username, I'm assuming you're a Clash fan. Not a massive leap of faith I expect!! Off down to the London Museum next weekend with the wife and kids and hadn't realised that Paul Simonon's seminal bass guitar is now in there (London Calling album cover etc), although I expect you know this already.

Got pelters off my kids last night who are interested in seeing the Fire of London stuff amongst other things and their general attitude was you just want to see that guitar don't you Dad. They were right about that too

It's free also which is a bonus!!

I'm going to have to hold my hand up here as a terrible individual. Was doing other stuff and the game was well into the second innings when I switched it on and Mahmood was at backward point. I then spent the next 5 minutes or so thinking we/Manchester/whoever were in the field. That's how shit it is. Or probably me

Fairly comprehensive summing up there, and I can't find a lot of fault with it. In fact nothing.

On another issue, bearing in mind your username, I'm assuming you're a Clash fan. Not a massive leap of faith I expect!! Off down to the London Museum next weekend with the wife and kids and hadn't realised that Paul Simonon's seminal bass guitar is now in there (London Calling album cover etc), although I expect you know this already.

Got pelters off my kids last night who are interested in seeing the Fire of London stuff amongst other things and their general attitude was you just want to see that guitar don't you Dad. They were right about that too

It's free also which is a bonus!!
I didn't know the whereabouts of Simonon's bass. Have a good time. To get your kids in the mood, you'll have to give 'em a crash course on The Clash. Something along the lines of continuous playing of their debut album. They'll be converts before you know it. 😀😁
You won't be taking in a hundred match when you're down there then? 🤔

Not for me I'm afraid. I've watched both of the games now and I just can't get into it. I understand that its been brought in to be a shorter format and rival other franchises around the world but its only 20 balls less than the blast and I'd rather we just invested more in that than watch 5 ball overs (are they even called overs?)

Think it has a negative effect on County cricket too. Royal London Cup starts today for Lancs. Granted, it gives us a look at some of the kids but half of our normal team won't be playing and it just seems to make the comp even more irrelevant.

Not sure who did the graphics for the Hundred either. Just stepped out of Year 11 IT by the looks of it.

I didn't know the whereabouts of Simonon's bass. Have a good time. To get your kids in the mood, you'll have to give 'em a crash course on The Clash. Something along the lines of continuous playing of their debut album. They'll be converts before you know it. 😀😁
You won't be taking in a hundred match when you're down there then? 🤔
My eldest daughter is knocking on 16 and after our discussion last night she's had London Calling on whatever device/platform she uses for her music so I must be doing something right.

The guitar, after a bit of research, is in about 3 bits which is not surprising given it got a bit of a pasting in the iconic photo. End of a concert in New York in 1979 apparently and the photographer was a lady called Pennie Smith.

I've gone a bit statto there but am really looking forward to it, cheers

Not for me I'm afraid. I've watched both of the games now and I just can't get into it. I understand that its been brought in to be a shorter format and rival other franchises around the world but its only 20 balls less than the blast and I'd rather we just invested more in that than watch 5 ball overs (are they even called overs?)

Think it has a negative effect on County cricket too. Royal London Cup starts today for Lancs. Granted, it gives us a look at some of the kids but half of our normal team won't be playing and it just seems to make the comp even more irrelevant.

Not sure who did the graphics for the Hundred either. Just stepped out of Year 11 IT by the looks of it.
Of all the things, the graphics annoy me most. I just can't get into it the whole concept but as with a couple of others, if there is nothing else to do, I'll probably watch a few.

Watching Lancs live stream against Sussex at Sedburgh, looks a nice little ground. Sussex currently 115-4 at the half way stage. Young Lavelle just took a decent catch off Wells. Wells is a better bowler than I thought he was when we signed him. Was this fixture originally meant to be at Stanley Park

After a year's delay, they've been lucky to hit this hot weather for the first 2 games.

As with all cricket, let's see what happens when the climate turns back to normal UK setting. What the razzmatazz and enthusiasm looks like then.
Especially when it's pissing down, will the DJ booth actually be a safety hazard? We may see fireworks. Although not of the intended kind!! We can only hope

Of all the things, the graphics annoy me most. I just can't get into it the whole concept but as with a couple of others, if there is nothing else to do, I'll probably watch a few.

Watching Lancs live stream against Sussex at Sedburgh, looks a nice little ground. Sussex currently 115-4 at the half way stage. Young Lavelle just took a decent catch off Wells. Wells is a better bowler than I thought he was when we signed him. Was this fixture originally meant to be at Stanley Park
Sedburgh School is lovely, fabulous setting. Ben Stokes old school

Agree with most of the things said so far, i watched the Womens game on BBC, amatuerish commentary, switched to Sky last night and that was just as bad. Graphics are poor, commentator says they are 59 for 4, graphic says 60, then Mahmood comes out to bat and the graphic said Topley was batting, even the camera work seems poor.

Still can't get past Parkinson bowling to Mahmood when they were on the same side earlier in the week. The team has hardly any connection to Manchester and i hadn't heard of several players before last night.

Thumbs down for me

I think he means playing for the wrong team....?!
yeah, i must admit i was surprised when i saw him in the Oval kit.. which just goes to show what a franchise farce it is .

No affiliation to any team - its just about chucking 110 / 120 names into a pot and then divvying them up across the 8 city teams...

Agree with most of the things said so far, i watched the Womens game on BBC, amatuerish commentary, switched to Sky last night and that was just as bad. Graphics are poor, commentator says they are 59 for 4, graphic says 60, then Mahmood comes out to bat and the graphic said Topley was batting, even the camera work seems poor.

Still can't get past Parkinson bowling to Mahmood when they were on the same side earlier in the week. The team has hardly any connection to Manchester and i hadn't heard of several players before last night.

Thumbs down for me
i agree about the camera work... I dont know if they are trying to do it on the cheap but the camera team have missed 3 or 4 catches , ones which went straight up in the air so should have been easy to follow...