White Saviors ?

mozzchops

First Team
At first without reading the full context of what he was saying I thought it was a completely racist post from him. After seeing his explanation he has a point, and the charities should be educating us how well Africa is doing. Most of the issues with Africa are down to wars and corrupt leaders.

Joanpne

Forum Patron
Patron
At first without reading the full context of what he was saying I thought it was a completely racist post from him. After seeing his explanation he has a point, and the charities should be educating us how well Africa is doing. Most of the issues with Africa are down to wars and corrupt leaders.

Agree. I think his points are very valid.

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
I agree, well said

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Im not sure how anyone but coldest snowflakes could take offence of what hes actually said.

Lammys an up and down character, for me, within Labour but I think hes got this one absolutely right.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
First of all, I agree with raef that Lammy is an up and down character. He is actually one of the few politicians I've had real close contact with - having attended a very small meeting about race relations where he (and Diane Abbot and others) was on the panel. So if only for that reason, I have an affinity with him.

There is obviously an undeniable strong point that he has to make... but the way he's done it is wrong.

I know he's made an attempt to not personalise it against Stacey Dooley... acknowledging that she was well-meaning... but I think he's been very rude and insulting to Ms Dooley. I even wonder if he'd have been quite so outspoken if it had been strapping bloke who'd made the film, rather than a girl who's just won a dancing competition.

Stacey Dooley gives a bit of an impression of an Essex girl... but my goodness, she's a tough and brave cookie. I really like her documentaries. She did not deserve to be picked out by Lammy in the way he did it. As she herself tweeted in response... something like "Is the problem that I'm white, David? Because if it is, then it would be great if you went out there to publicise the issues"

Comic Relief have also confirmed that they've asked David Lammy to get involved in the past, but he's never replied.

Roger Mellie

Reserve
If David Lammys donated to comic relief his MPs expenses which he has scammed for years off the ordinary tax payer, it would give every child in Africa a full tummy tonight

Durutti

First Team
I find what he has said absolutely fucking pitiful virtue signalling which is typical of 2019 mainstream attitudes towards race.

The world has just become too cynical. Nobody should ever apologise for the colour of their skin, no matter what colour it is.

I’ve been banned from pushing my neighbour around to the shops in her wheelchair because I’m not disabled. Apparently, only other disabled people are allowed to do this now.
She’s enlisted my partially sighted mate so we’ll just have to see how that one goes.