PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

White surrender flags at Euxton

It was a bit tongue in cheek in response to White Horse who I think was bing a bit flippant.
By the way Alex Neil is not the exuberant all action manager that arrived at PNE, he doesn't connect with the majority of fans and is now happy to go through the motions. I have not heard any credible explanation for the manner of the last performance.
Honest question, why do people give a shit whether he connects with fans or not? I see this argument so frequently about Neil. Why does it matter?

From what the Manager said and those ‘old Footballers’ on MOD too, I can only say they are on a totally different ‘wave length’ what the vast majority of football supporters have, the very idea that we should accept a 2-0 defeat is anathema to us especially against say Blackburn, Burnley, Blackpool or Bolton.

To come out with comments like that Neal came out with is to make a ‘rod’ for his back, and frankly shows he don’t understand local rivalries or football supporters in general

Go back to technical coaching somewhere Alex; you have no Idea how to be a Manager at a football Club

Honest question, why do people give a shit whether he connects with fans or not? I see this argument so frequently about Neil. Why does it matter?
To make us feel (albeit via a massive pretence) that we're all part of the same dynamic, in it together? Although of course it's never an issue when you're winning, and life is easy.

On the match day commentary, I'm sure I heard Mckenna state that there is no reserve/u23 team as An invests the money in the first team. 3 questions now,,,,, did anyone else hear this,,,,,,,,, how much has he invested in the first team,,,,,,, would it be AN or TH/PR that would make that sort of desicion?

Not allowed to protest or arrange meetings but as the show ponies and great leader arrive at Euxton beauty salon tomorrow it would be nice for them to be met by supporters waving the surrender flags in disgust at the current set up.
Just a thought....now where's the bedsheet
Never was done at Springies.

Why start now?

It was a bit tongue in cheek in response to White Horse who I think was bing a bit flippant.
By the way Alex Neil is not the exuberant all action manager that arrived at PNE, he doesn't connect with the majority of fans and is now happy to go through the motions. I have not heard any credible explanation for the manner of the last performance.
King Billy.

Beck.

They all have their flaws.

To make us feel (albeit via a massive pretence) that we're all part of the same dynamic, in it together? Although of course it's never an issue when you're winning, and life is easy.
Yep it creates a connection between the team and the fans myosie did it And Irvine and Brown to some degree, When Ferguson and medal winner came we lost our way and things became very toxic, after medal winner it was terrible, there was no connection whatsoever between the team and fans. Grayson brought that back. Sadly it seems like it’s slipping away again, we need to get back in the ground.

I just see it as a more positive way forward, if the manager shows the fans some emotion instead of constantly sulking, head down chewing a wasp stance we might feel like he actually gives a shit. He didn’t come across as overly bothered we had capitulated against one of our rivals. He didn't seem to take responsibility and understand devastating fall out from the debacle. The problem now is Ridsdale is too close to him and there is little pressure from fan's and media.

Maybe he was hoping to get the sack! It’s almost an invitation for TH to do so.
New Year.

When the owner is in danger of losing Championship status and the club as an asset becomes less attractive that's when he will act and/or the purse strings will be loosened.

There just isn't the Deepdale fan pressure at the moment to force any managerial change

I just see it as a more positive way forward, if the manager shows the fans some emotion instead of constantly sulking, head down chewing a wasp stance we might feel like he actually gives a shit. He didn’t come across as overly bothered we had capitulated against one of our rivals. He didn't seem to take responsibility and understand devastating fall out from the debacle. The problem now is Ridsdale is too close to him and there is little pressure from fan's and media.
Remember travelling back from Turf Moor after we'd rolled Burnley over under Ternant. He was going ballistic post match on Radio Lancs about his teams performance apologising to the clubs fans saying they shouldn't have to put up with the grief at work next day from Northenders. He certainly wasn't saying Preston where the better team and nowt we could do, over his dead body. That's what I want from a Preston manager, not the absolutely pathetic interview our bloke gave. It was a total embarrassment to our club and anyone who sympathises with him should fuck off to Blackburn. He has absolutely no connection with this clubs proud history and its supporters as he so clearly demonstrated in his post match debacle.

I think the main thing the manager needs to communicate to the fans is honesty - without actually saying out loud anything that could get himself sacked, obviously.

I think AN is honestly pissed off with this whole shitshow, from TH and PR down to the piss-poor squad depth and quality.

And I think he communicates that as effectively as he can.

I think the main thing the manager needs to communicate to the fans is honesty - without actually saying out loud anything that could get himself sacked, obviously.

I think AN is honestly pissed off with this whole shitshow, from TH and PR down to the piss-poor squad depth and quality.

Communicates effectively, are you pissed. Thats gotta go down as ten times worse than any Westley communication. He has always known where our club stands financially, in fact if he hadn't pissed all the money down the pan on mediocre signings things would have been a whole lot better whilst at the same time showing Dolan the door.

Communicates effectively, are you pissed. Thats gotta go down as ten times worse than any Westley communication. He has always known where our club stands financially, in fact if he hadn't pissed all the money down the pan on mediocre signings things would have been a whole lot better whilst at the same time showing Dolan the door.
Absolutely, the Bayliss signing is definitely a Neil/ Ridsdale combination plus other scattergun signings.
I thought Sinclair was a great signing but he has been stifled by dogged negative tactics.

To be honest I’m not sure he would be saying anything most fans don’t already know and understand. I don’t blame AN for the current situation it’s been building up for a while. What I don’t understand is that the owner, the advisor, and the finance manager, are all experienced in business and looking after investments, so why have they allowed the situation regarding contracts/signings to develop? It seems to me we are just hoping other clubs will fold in the current COVID situation but, it looks like the only club on the brink is us after rank bad management.

Absolutely, the Bayliss signing is definitely a Neil/ Ridsdale combination plus other scattergun signings.
I thought Sinclair was a great signing but he has been stifled by dogged negative tactics.
Plus Potts running round with his hair band and his socks above his knees. If he were chocolate he'd eat himself. Neil's signings since Grayson left have largely been a disaster. I wouldn't give him 'cheese of mi dick' to spend if I was Hemmings.

To be honest I’m not sure he would be saying anything most fans don’t already know and understand. I don’t blame AN for the current situation it’s been building up for a while. What I don’t understand is that the owner, the advisor, and the finance manager, are all experienced in business and looking after investments, so why have they allowed the situation regarding contracts/signings to develop? It seems to me we are just hoping other clubs will fold in the current COVID situation but, it looks like the only club on the brink is us after rank bad management.
Do you honestly think that the club have not been negotiating with these players for quite some time, off course they have. Maybe something upset them at the last minute like the Sinclair wages issue, maybe they where hoping that we'd get shut of this manager and probably still are. Multitude of reasons but at the end of the day the players and their agents hold the cards, its not as simple as you and others make out.
Sorry Joan but Trevor Hemmings hasn't got to where he is without being a little bit better than you give him credit for.

Aye, on the pitch, AN clearly has his problems - that's a separate issue.

But with his off-the-pitch messaging, I think some people just don't want to admit the club is in a mess, systemically, from the top down, and AN is - in his own way - simply reflecting that.

Do you honestly think that the club have not been negotiating with these players for quite some time, off course they have. Maybe something upset them at the last minute like the Sinclair wages issue, maybe they where hoping that we'd get shut of this manager and probably still are. Multitude of reasons but at the end of the day the players and their agents hold the cards, its not as simple as you and others make out.
Sorry Joan but Trevor Hemmings hasn't got to where he is without being a little bit better than you give him credit for.
Well it’s not what certain players are saying is it? How have we got in the mess we are in then with contracts and signings? All the players fault? Behave. We didn't even match Luton for signings, in fact we didn’t match any damned club we were the lowest spenders AGAIN. Say what you like but we are in a mess so far as that is concerned, and none of the manager, players or fans played any part in that happening.