Who’s side are you on ?

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Took social distancing to an extreme by shoving her on the roof to sing abide with me :)

Got off to a good start, in fairness, has this game

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron
Took social distancing to an extreme by shoving her on the roof to sing abide with me :)

Got off to a good start, in fairness, has this game
Can't be arsed with it these days myself. Could probably name winners, score and scorers from about late 70's to approx early 90's. After that when teams started tossing it off it lost its guile for me. Which is a shame because I used to love it growing up. Derby at Deepdale c 1977 and winning 3 nil being a particular highlight as a very young boy

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Can't be arsed with it these days myself. Could probably name winners, score and scorers from about late 70's to approx early 90's. After that when teams started tossing it off it lost its guile for me. Which is a shame because I used to love it growing up. Derby at Deepdale c 1977 and winning 3 nil being a particular highlight as a very young boy
Good game that on a muddy pitch. Think game was postponed a couple of times previously.
Got knocked out by an Alan Ball goal against Southampton in the 5th round that season.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
Always BBC coverage for us. The first final I remember was 1962 Spurs vs Burnley. Greaves scored I recall
I vaguely remember the Charlie George goal in 71 but more clearly the Alan Clarke diving header in 72. Me and my brother were out recreating that goal as kids in the garden straight after the match.

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron
Good game that on a muddy pitch. Think game was postponed a couple of times previously.
Got knocked out by an Alan Ball goal against Southampton in the 5th round that season.
Think it might have been 4th round and Alan Ball loved it. Gave it plenty to the Directors in the Pavilion Stand after he’d scored after the way

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Always showed the highlights at half time of the first half of the Scottish final that used to be played at the same time. Inevitably had Celtic or Rangers or both.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Always showed the highlights at half time of the first half of the Scottish final that used to be played at the same time. Inevitably had Celtic or Rangers or both.
Ah! The good old Scottish league.
Every season the only unknown is which team will finish third and which two other teams will make up the semifinals of the cup competitions.

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron
I vaguely remember the Charlie George goal in 71 but more clearly the Alan Clarke diving header in 72. Me and my brother were out recreating that goal as kids in the garden straight after the match.
Recreating the FA Cup Final goals out in the garden post match was an absolute requirement. If this didn't happen then you were perceived to be a bit weird. Well, in my friendship group it was😀😀

TB1

Reserve
As chance would have it the first one I watched was 1964.
Surprisingly 1965 was Liverpool's first ever win.
I lived on Fletcher road and remember lining up on Deepdale Road for the open top bus parade after the 64 cup final (8yr old). None of the family where into football, so this was my first introduction into the famous PNE. I made sure all 3 of my daughter's went on, from the John Beck era until they all left home.