Who are the Music Legends?

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
It's all very derivative.....it has the feel of early Simon and Garfunkel meets Donovan
Yeah that's a decent comparison, it's not a million miles off, of course shares a lot of similarities and obvious 'americaness'. But his best album for me, it's really sincere, gentle and beautiful is the one I'm pushing here (on the wrong thread he's no legend yet) is Carrie and Lowell. About 40mins, try it. It's really really good.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Yeah that's a decent comparison, it's not a million miles off, of course shares a lot of similarities and obvious 'americaness'. But his best album for me, it's really sincere, gentle and beautiful is the one I'm pushing here (on the wrong thread he's no legend yet) is Carrie and Lowell. About 40mins, try it. It's really really good.
It's just a bit wet for me. Has lots of elements of artists I enjoy just without doing any of them particularly well.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
It's tuneful, I'll give you that!

wardy

First Team
If anyone else has said these then apologies but after skimming the thread i think we are missing a few genuine legends such as

Michael Jackson / Jackson 5
Janet Jackson
Whitney Houston
Stevie Wonder
Quincy Jones
Dr. Dre/Ice Cube/N.W.A
2Pac
The Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Jay-Z
Wu Tang Clan
Bob Marley
Phil Collins
Eric Clapton
Bon Jovi
Meat Loaf
Prince
Rod Stewart

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
If anyone else has said these then apologies but after skimming the thread i think we are missing a few genuine legends such as

Michael Jackson / Jackson 5
Janet Jackson
Whitney Houston
Stevie Wonder
Quincy Jones
Dr. Dre/Ice Cube/N.W.A
2Pac
The Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Jay-Z
Wu Tang Clan
Bob Marley
Phil Collins
Eric Clapton
Bon Jovi
Meat Loaf
Prince
Rod Stewart

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Its crazy. So talented

Was introduced to him years ago via another forum but struggle to listen as it just reminds me of that bloke. Probably my worst ever internet experience as we saw his death pan out over an internet thread started by his girlfriend trying to work out where he was with various people who knew him running round London hospitals. Also thankful for Scott Walker and Mew from him too. RIP Tree

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Was introduced to him years ago via another forum but struggle to listen as it just reminds me of that bloke. Probably my worst ever internet experience as we saw his death pan out over an internet thread started by his girlfriend trying to work out where he was with various people who knew him running round London hospitals. Also thankful for Scott Walker and Mew from him too. RIP Tree
Jesus you were part of that thread? I've read about it but never saw it. My Mrs is a massive fan saw him live when she was on crutches and he let her sit on the edge of the stage while he did the show

Guinness

Forum Patron
Patron

I stumbled across this the other night, corey taylor the lead singer of the heavy metal band slipknot, I had no idea he did stuff like this though. Great watch.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Nice thread about Paul Heaton, he certainly seems to be up there in terms of being a legend as a person. Also didn't know about his "nationalising royalties" offer

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Nice thread about Paul Heaton, he certainly seems to be up there in terms of being a legend as a person. Also didn't know about his "nationalising royalties" offer

I was just about to post the same thing. He's a thoroughly bloody good bloke and just saying that is a massive understatement.