Who knows whom?

Muzza

Forum Patron
Patron
Okay, so I just thought it might be interesting to see who knows other posters from here in real life. Obviously shouldn't give any details that could reveal who they are, but you can maybe mention how long you've known them or roughly where from. I'll start:

Jack Daniels - nearly 30 years, pubs/clubs/gigs, generally part of a LARGE group of friends from age 15/16 onwards (he's older ;) )
Egghead - 30 years, skateboarding, was in the same group of friends as above
Onedevilst - guessing from around 1998, initially through work but then into the local band scene and wider friend circle
Paddysr - guessing around 2007-ish (?), through Prestone and gigs etc

Not sure if there's anyone else on here that I know in person, but if so let me know.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
I know nobber, we've been mates since we was 1, we used to go fishing when we was 2 until we was 3 then we started a speedboat business which we both ended up selling for 8 p In 2007. After that we got a civil partnership and invested the 8 p into the space raiders Industry... Since then it's just been love ontop of love. We sometimes bicker on pneonline but then we have an emotional cry/hug to make it all better..

MrHodgeheg123

Tickety-boo
I know nobber, we've been mates since we was 1, we used to go fishing when we was 2 until we was 3 then we started a speedboat business which we both ended up selling for 8 p In 2007. After that we got a civil partnership and invested the 8 p into the space raiders Industry... Since then it's just been love ontop of love. We sometimes bicker on pneonline but then we have an emotional cry/hug to make it all better..
Can't wait to hear nobbers version.🤔

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Okay, so I just thought it might be interesting to see who knows other posters from here in real life. Obviously shouldn't give any details that could reveal who they are, but you can maybe mention how long you've known them or roughly where from. I'll start:

Jack Daniels - nearly 30 years, pubs/clubs/gigs, generally part of a LARGE group of friends from age 15/16 onwards (he's older ;) )
Egghead - 30 years, skateboarding, was in the same group of friends as above
Onedevilst - guessing from around 1998, initially through work but then into the local band scene and wider friend circle
Paddysr - guessing around 2007-ish (?), through Prestone and gigs etc

Not sure if there's anyone else on here that I know in person, but if so let me know.

Yeah 2007 sounds about right it was when I first went active in Prestone and and started back into the Preston music scene after a few years out.

Just you and JD for me. There are probably other posters that I know but it just hasn't come up

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
I recognise a small number of posters either through things they have said in their posts, or through pictures that have been posted, but that's about it.

Karcist

Manager
I only know two on here who post with any frequency. Both were at my Mother`s funeral last year ( with a few other Nobbers, although none are on here). One is a relative by marriage that I think of as a brother.

My mother wanted people to laugh at the service..tough gig, Mum, so thank`s for that! Pulled it off by throwing a couple of North End jokes into the Eulogy.. this was one of them..

`After a life that began on the night the small boats sailed for Dunkirk, saw the Iron Curtain divide Europe, the first man on the Moon, The Iron Curtain come down, and the sacking of Graham Westley, she said to me ` Boris Johnson? Prime Minister? Son, I`ve seen enough`.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
I know absolutely no one on the forum. Not that I’m aware of anyway. And that’s the way I prefer it. Let’s be honest, there are some very dislikable characters on here. Although I’m sure they wouldn’t be like that away from their keyboards.

Winkytinky

GTTO
Patron
Known JD since about 2007 from the forum charity match that psg used to organise.

Known Joan, JK and Billy since about 2007/2008 back when I had a season ticket and used to go to a fair amount of away matches quite a lot of them I travelled with psg for.

I know Deany via here and we have children at the same primary school.

Friends with Raef on fb

I know a lot of old posters that sadly don't really post anymore, I think boltons1 might still occasionally post but not often.

billymac

Forum Patron
Patron
JK through NEST many moons ago
JD from abusing postal workers, fans footy team stuff
Winky, fans footy team and Sumners after game drink, lovely lovely lady
Raef, went to support one of his girls playing at Clitheroe?
Boltons1, fans footy team
joanpne, met her at a meeting with Derek Shaw to discuss new plans for Springfields, she is a diamond.
whitehorse44, with northend soul/TJ
Kess, met through a meet to "sort each other out" at West Ham, never happened but chat often

Quite a few others through the fans footy teams many who have stopped posting, Shaky was the ace in the pack though, sadly missed.

222Mark

Serial killer of note
Staff member
Patron
I know quite a few either from work or social or i've played football with them, but i won't reveal them for their sakes.

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
I know prestonmadhouse. He’s the dad of one of my best mates. That’s it.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure Thor who used to post on here is my second cousin, but I’ve never met him.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I know absolutely no one on the forum. Not that I’m aware of anyway. And that’s the way I prefer it. Let’s be honest, there are some very dislikable characters on here. Although I’m sure they wouldn’t be like that away from their keyboards.
Very good point HC - there are too many keyboard warriors who wouldn’t be the same in real life !!
As for me, I am just as pessimistic in real life......

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
So in the real world, I know :

Lord Edge - I used to be one of his servants
Tino - we both share a passion for building planes
Budgierustler - known him for 40 years
CPnend - used to work in the same office before he retired
Raefil - our daughters were both in the same footy team