PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who knows whom?

Thought I'd resurrect this one following JD's thread about who you'd have a pint with.

A couple of additions for me:

PNEPhil83 - brother of a very good mate of mine, met a number of times, top fella.
Took My Heart - probably from around 1993 onwards, Fighting Cock days and he was in my mates' band (not posted on here since November though by the looks of it).

It's depressing thinking it's 30 odd years since those early 90s days. If you skated with Egg then I'm guessing you may know some of the lads from Broughton/Preston College too that I probably knew but not sure any of them are on here

It's depressing thinking it's 30 odd years since those early 90s days. If you skated with Egg then I'm guessing you may know some of the lads from Broughton/Preston College too that I probably knew but not sure any of them are on here
Yeah, I very probably know the guys you're thinking of. Funnily there was another 'Egghead' in Broughton as well, not the same person as the one on here. Did you go to Preston College around then? I was there 91-93.

Yeah, I very probably know the guys you're thinking of. Funnily there was another 'Egghead' in Broughton as well, not the same person as the one on here. Did you go to Preston College around then? I was there 91-93.

I went 92-94 so probably year below you lot. Were Egg and that lot at Our Ladys maybe? Ralph and Rich are maybe the two most likely ones I think who skated (Paul S maybe too who I think infamously split his ball bag on a jump)

I went 92-94 so probably year below you lot. Were Egg and that lot at Our Ladys maybe? Ralph and Rich are maybe the two most likely ones I think who skated (Paul S maybe too who I think infamously split his ball bag on a jump)
Ah, so I probably know you as well. Definitely remember Ralph, Rich isn't ringing a bell but I guess I will know him.
Yes, I was good mates with Paul S since about 4 years old until about 16 as my parents hung around with his. I was there when he did the ball bag split, it was on the tennis courts and he was trying to ollie the net.

I think the only people I know are those that were involved with the charity football matches, many of whom don't post any more.
Not sure I know anyone else, although given the anonymity it's possible.

Ah, so I probably know you as well. Definitely remember Ralph, Rich isn't ringing a bell but I guess I will know him.
Yes, I was good mates with Paul S since about 4 years old until about 16 as my parents hung around with his. I was there when he did the ball bag split, it was on the tennis courts and he was trying to ollie the net.

I don't think Rich skated maybe, he was more into his music("Fools" in those days with Chris J and a couple of others I forget), just he knocked around with Ralph and the rest of us, we were probably all in the Black Horse/Fighting Cock/Byroins/Warehouse at similar times and that was where I likely met Egg along the way

Could be an interesting thread really, most of us are Preston, I bet we overlap with acquaintances more than we think...

I kind of know @paddysr but don't think I know anybody else.

Oh I do know @Andy higginson but I think he only signed up for the shirt auction.

Anybody grow up around Lostock Hall/Walton le Dale late 90s/early 00s? I was at Lostock Hall High School 98-03 Moved about all over Preston since then though...

Could be an interesting thread really, most of us are Preston, I bet we overlap with acquaintances more than we think...

I kind of know @paddysr but don't think I know anybody else.

Oh I do know @Andy higginson but I think he only signed up for the shirt auction.

Anybody grow up around Lostock Hall/Walton le Dale late 90s/early 00s? I was at Lostock Hall High School 98-03 Moved about all over Preston since then though...

I think like you say, more people will know more users than they realise due to anonymity and it's only events or meetups that ever switch the online people to real people. Also with schools and stuff it's seemingly impossible for most of us not to know others. And like Trundle said I think, probably some are going to be sat near/next to each other at home/away games and never knowing

I think like you say, more people will know more users than they realise due to anonymity and it's only events or meetups that ever switch the online people to real people. Also with schools and stuff it's seemingly impossible for most of us not to know others. And like Trundle said I think, probably some are going to be sat near/next to each other at home/away games and never knowing
Well clearly I'm identifiable through the blue fur and googly eyes.