Wigan athletic in administration

Kathryn

Advisor to the Owner
SHERIDAN TO TAKE CHARGE OF WIGAN

John Sheridan
will take over the role as manager of Wigan Athletic over the weekend.

The former Oldham boss is currently manager of league of Ireland side Waterford United and will take his last game with them tomorrow night against Bohemians.

Sheridan will replace Leam Richardson, who will stay at Wigan, as manager of the League One club.
Has Grayson been sacked already?
 

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Wigan ownership saga approaching endgame, according to Nixon.

"American businessmen Randy Frankel and Michael Kelt are making a final £2million bid for Wigan Athletic. The pair and adviser Gauthier Ganaye have told the club administrators that they will buy the whole club for the sum to end the saga.

"However the warning is that the group will walk away if it is not accepted as they are worried the squad has been badly damaged since they first bid three weeks ago."

Wigan takeover hope as American businessmen launch final £2m bid to buy cash-strapped Latics | The Sun
 

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Wigan ownership saga approaching endgame, according to Nixon.

"American businessmen Randy Frankel and Michael Kelt are making a final £2million bid for Wigan Athletic. The pair and adviser Gauthier Ganaye have told the club administrators that they will buy the whole club for the sum to end the saga.

"However the warning is that the group will walk away if it is not accepted as they are worried the squad has been badly damaged since they first bid three weeks ago."

Wigan takeover hope as American businessmen launch final £2m bid to buy cash-strapped Latics | The Sun


2 mil for a football club?............ That's about 70 mil short of what Trev wants for ours.. He'll be here forever. :D
 

Spavin Stardust

Forum Patron
Patron
Who now owns the stadium? It was owned 85% by IEC who sold to the owners who put Wigan in administration? The remaining 15% was owned by Wigan Council.
 

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
This looks bad news...
Mental. The admins want £1.3m for their fees.

That is after inserting sell-on clauses for the players that have gone...were the sell on clauses get paid to Begbie-Traynor and not Wigan Athletic.

The whole system is fucking corrupt. Mentioned it earlier today but Krasner has made it all about himself with absolutely no care whatsoever for the future of the club.
 

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Looks like there were some shenanigans over Euxton too - and with almost all the players gone and the admins already paid with the Euxton money, seems very strange that the asking price for what's left is as high as £4m.


 

Lwigmore

First Team
Looks like there were some shenanigans over Euxton too - and with almost all the players gone and the admins already paid with the Euxton money, seems very strange that the asking price for what's left is as high as £4m.



Something's obviously not right there, just sounds like the admins are as bad as the owner.
 
Top