Wigan athletic in administration

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron
There is a very long interview here between the administrator from Begbies Traynor and a young Wigan fan

not listened to it all , but from what I did listen to, I thought both of them come out with a lot of credit. The young wigan fan handled the interview superbly and asked the right questions, and the administrator gave straightforward , direct and honest answers even if it’s now what the fans wanted to hear. And if he was professionally prohibited from answering , he said so. (Politicians and political journalists could learn a lot. ) Not really a fan of the insolvency profession , but credit where it’s due.

Its very easy to criticise , the EFL, the administrators and the history of owners , but the if the club allows itself to get in to such a position through irresponsible wages, transfer fees and the rest , this is what comes of it. There is no alternative. Other clubs will end up the same way, and , as with Wigan, white knights are in very short supply.

pS. It looks like the job has taken its toll on the poor administrator.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
There is a very long interview here between the administrator from Begbies Traynor and a young Wigan fan

not listened to it all , but from what I did listen to, I thought both of them come out with a lot of credit. The young wigan fan handled the interview superbly and asked the right questions, and the administrator gave straightforward , direct and honest answers even if it’s now what the fans wanted to hear. And if he was professionally prohibited from answering , he said so. (Politicians and political journalists could learn a lot. ) Not really a fan of the insolvency profession , but credit where it’s due.

Its very easy to criticise , the EFL, the administrators and the history of owners , but the if the club allows itself to get in to such a position through irresponsible wages, transfer fees and the rest , this is what comes of it. There is no alternative. Other clubs will end up the same way, and , as with Wigan, white knights are in very short supply.

pS. It looks like the job has taken its toll on the poor administrator.
Krasner is a former director of Leeds, he is revelling in his moment in the spotlight. The fact the administrators have given themselves add-ons in transfer fees on top of the £1.3m they have taken is shocking. They dicked around with the sale of club and asset stripped to cover salaries, football creditors and themselves but refused to reflect that in the price.