Will Dennis stop the Wall

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Perfect footy weather against southern bed wettin tossers........
That will be an away win then ;)

i always remember a few years ago ( about 1989 ) we were playing Fulham at home and i was in work on the saturday morning..

One of my colleagues said " Who are North End playing today " i said " Fulham "

He said, " Oh you will beat them , they dont like coming up north when its cold and windy "

We lost 1-4 !!!!

Nottswhite

Reserve
If anyone from the club is reading this and even half thinking of calling the game off , please let us know ASAP tomorrow , got a 3 hour round trip to make to get to the game , I suspect there will be others as well !
Fully agree. My daughter is coming up from Essex, my son and daughter are coming from Nottingham and my youngest son and myself are coming from Wrexham!

Dazzler

Forum Patron
Patron
Fully agree. My daughter is coming up from Essex, my son and daughter are coming from Nottingham and my youngest son and myself are coming from Wrexham!
Setting off in a couple of hours from West Cumbria. Will there be a decision soon? It's wet and windy up here, but not that bad yet. I suspect Dennis is lurking.

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
Setting off in a couple of hours from West Cumbria. Will there be a decision soon? It's wet and windy up here, but not that bad yet. I suspect Dennis is lurking.
only a bit of a breeze so far down in PR land.....

cant see any reason they would call it off based just on a forecast for the wider area.

G-H-Distraught

Forum Patron
Patron
That will be an away win then ;)

i always remember a few years ago ( about 1989 ) we were playing Fulham at home and i was in work on the saturday morning..

One of my colleagues said " Who are North End playing today " i said " Fulham "

He said, " Oh you will beat them , they dont like coming up north when its cold and windy "

We lost 1-4 !!!!
Shame you weren't on the pitch Ando, that hattrick would of secured us a point :)

BBC forecast for PR1 is heavy rain and near 50 mph winds. That's considerably worse than yesterday's predictions. It's atrocious conditions to play football in but I guess it would only be postponed if there was danger to players and spectators. I have never heard of a game being postponed before on the strength of a weather forecast. I'm guessing here but I reckon a decision would only be made when the weather is that bad. The wind speed is predicted to increase dramatically around lunchtime, so we may have to wait until then.

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Wonder when the last time a match was abandoned at PNE, can’t remember any?
The last one I can remember was in January 1962, against Weymouth in the 4th round of the FA Cup, due to thick fog. The referee took the players off after about 15 mins to see if it would clear but eventually abandoned the game. The Weymouth goalkeeper didn't realise the other players had left the field and a search party was sent out to find him, still standing in his goal, assuming Weymouth were camped out in the NE half. The Weymouth centre forward that day was called Ron Fogg🙂

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
I can't remember the match or the year but round about 20 years ago a match was called off because it wasn't safe for spectators to approach the stadium, everywhere was very slippery.
cant recall the year but it was after 2003......purely based on where I was living at the time...

We were travelling to the game from East Yorks but Ben Rhodes rang me on my mobile, as I was passing Bury, to tell me it was off for 'outside the ground reasons'....

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Wonder when the last time a match was abandoned at PNE, can’t remember any?
I think last game to be called off was due to snow around Deepdale, but not the Pitch. But I thought it was in like 2014 or 15 in January. Only game I can find is Crawley town away due to Water Logged Pitch. I think the last game abanadoned as I can't find anything on this would be Mansfield Town in the FA Cup again, Away due to Rolling Fog.

I think last game to be called off was due to snow around Deepdale, but not the Pitch. But I thought it was in like 2014 or 15 in January. Only game I can find is Crawley town away due to Water Logged Pitch. I think the last game abanadoned as I can't find anything on this would be Mansfield Town in the FA Cup again, Away due to Rolling Fog.
I was on the ground at the Mansfield game when it was called off.

jgriff2296

Forum Patron
Patron
cant recall the year but it was after 2003......purely based on where I was living at the time...

We were travelling to the game from East Yorks but Ben Rhodes rang me on my mobile, as I was passing Bury, to tell me it was off for 'outside the ground reasons'....
My memory is not what it used to be - old age and alcohol have taken their toll but not necessarily in that order!

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
I was on the ground at the Mansfield game when it was called off.
Me to, I hated Mansfield in the FA Cup, I remember the game on TV, got there, Rained the whole time, delayed kick off. I think we won 2-0, then some nob put the P&R Coach window through, freezing all the way back to Preston.

For the record the First League game to be called off is Rochdale v Tranmere due to Storm Dennis, lots of None League have gone to.