PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Winter Hill Fire again

I know I’m old and sad and boring but .....
We used to go up there with butties and whatever else we could lay our hands on and have fun - now it’s just a load of lager fuelled half wits
We went for a drive and walk to the weir/waterfalls near Hoghton Tower yesterday. It was very busy, full of mainly chavvy teenagers jumping into the river, no social distancing and a very powerful smell of cannabis everywhere you went. Spoilt what is a nice beauty spot.

We went for a drive and walk to the weir/waterfalls near Hoghton Tower yesterday. It was very busy, full of mainly chavvy teenagers jumping into the river, no social distancing and a very powerful smell of cannabis everywhere you went. Spoilt what is a nice beauty spot.
This is the thing
Enjoy the sun
Enjoy being young
Halcyon days
But it’s as you say the Neanderthal behaviour that just lets things down

Same everywhere sick of the smell of it. Pity we can’t pot the potheads.

It is rather difficult for us isn’t it? Being two lone beacons of virtue in the middle of it all

giphy.gif

You shouldn’t have to pay extra, the dirty lazy gits should take their crap home, I could not for shame leave rubbish behind , if there is no bin I take it home. It’s not difficult.

They estimate they removed about 20 tonnes of rubbish on Saturday and Sunday from the area that BCP Council clears
1591096572692.png

This is the thing
Enjoy the sun
Enjoy being young
Halcyon days
But it’s as you say the Neanderthal behaviour that just lets things down
I felt like a young person yesterday. The RHS opened up their gardens across the country w.e.f from 1/6 and we booked online using our membership cards to visit our local RHS place (Hyde Hall). The average age of punters was around 100.....I felt positively in the first flush of youth

It’s a millstone round my neck
I never asked for such breeding and the wealth that accompanies it

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Who, in your family, did the thrusting?

I have to say the ‘idiots’ who use ‘BBQ's’ up there, or even drop a ‘fag end’ in this tinder box weather are probably the same ‘idiots’ on here who say they will not follow the Virus regulations just because someone else has broken them