PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Would you rather......

Brum. As much as I want to beat city, the 3 points will make it much more exciting than one further round just to get beat anyway

Got to say little interest in City game. I think Saturdays game is massive...a first away win of season...a chance to move in to the top 3...that would really get my juices flowing.
Would be lovely to beat City...but has about as much significance as a Pre season friendly as far as I'm concerned.

but has about as much significance as a Pre season friendly as far as I'm concerned.

Try telling our players that, yes it's the league cup but in terms of what it could do for confidence a win or even just a good performance would be quite significant.

Its under the lights and Deepdale will be pretty much full. Comparing it to a friendly is just a bit odd.

Wouldn't mind takings City scalp and losing at Birmingham if tbh.

Never seen us take a 'big' scalp in decades.

Plenty more points to play for after the Brum game.
I posted a video of the last time we beat a genuine big team, it was frightening that was way back in 1966.

Beating Birmingham won't guarantee promotion, or even a top six finish.
Beating City will guarantee progress in a cup competition.

No brainer for me. Beat City 'cause they're having a wobble having lost their first game in about 200 against Norwich and then draw and beat Liverpool who are having a similar wobble having lost their first game yesterday in about 150. They've both imploded. Easy pickings.
Oh! And a draw at the Peaky's.