PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Wycombe to replace Derby?

Oh dear…it doesn’t look good does it? No mention of a point deduction - straight to the point of theirs and Wycombe’s fixtures being able to be ‘interchanged’.

All Wycombe aren't we?

We can only hope the EFL stick to their guns on this but as others have said I'm sure dodgy Mel will find a way.

Even if they wriggle out of it this season - they will be screwed next season. They are still under a transfer embargo and it’s highly unlikely any takeover will happen whilst this mess is going on.

The EFL have given them until 18th August to resubmit the accounts - after the start of the season. If they can’t get them relegated this season, they are sure as hell making it hard for them.

Because they dont have to supply their revised accounts until after the season starts (Aug 18th) then they cant be found guilty of breaking FFP rules until after then....... which means the points deduction cant be backdated during a new season.....

it must point to a points deduction this season..... and we can only 'presume' they broke FFP rules otherwise they wouldnt have invented an illegal way of accounting....

I'm sad for Wycombe, but happy that we might be able to laugh at 'soon to be relegated Derby' for a full season.

can't see it happening sadly.
Hope it does happen. As others have said it is an opportunity to clamp down on cheats.
Having stated that the fixtures are interchangeable now is the perfect time for the sanction to occur.
It happened to Wednesday so no reason why Derby need to be off the hook.

Because they dont have to supply their revised accounts until after the season starts (Aug 18th) then they cant be found guilty of breaking FFP rules until after then....... which means the points deduction cant be backdated during a new season.....

it must point to a points deduction this season..... and we can only 'presume' they broke FFP rules otherwise they wouldnt have invented an illegal way of accounting....

I'm sad for Wycombe, but happy that we might be able to laugh at 'soon to be relegated Derby' for a full season.
Genuine question. Why in that case publish the fact that the fixtures are interchangeable?.
Doesn't appear to make sense if the option is not a realistic proposition.
I do get your point that the season will have started by the 18th.

Genuine question. Why in that case publish the fact that the fixtures are interchangeable?.
Doesn't appear to make sense if the option is not a realistic proposition.
I do get your point that the season will have started by the 18th.
I'm as clueless as you on this BUT I understand the EFL might appeal this decision and maybe push for a points deduction as well as the fine ?

Am I misunderstanding or are they basically punishing all their indiscretions with a £100k fine? No points deduction, really!? It's a joke what clubs get away with when they're breaking rules everyone agreed to. Infuriating.

Am I misunderstanding or are they basically punishing all their indiscretions with a £100k fine? No points deduction, really!? It's a joke what clubs get away with when they're breaking rules everyone agreed to. Infuriating.
As I mentioned above I am puzzled in that case as to why interchangeable fixtures were mentioned.

This is just the independant panels punishments..... when the EFL get the corrected accounts they can then impose a FFP breach punishment too.....if DC broke FFP rules.

This is just the independant panels punishments..... when the EFL get the corrected accounts they can then impose a FFP breach punishment too.....if DC broke FFP rules.
Makes sense, thanks! I think it'll be too late to change them for Wycombe but will be nice to see them battle from a negative points tally at the start of the next season.

If they are asking for 3 years worth of accounts, then surely the EFL know the seriousness of the breaches.
If teams break the rules then punishments have to be cattied out in full. For Derby this surely means s points deduction.
They dragged their feet through it last season to try to avoid it and hoped they would get enough points to avoid it being an issue.
I hope I congratulate WWFC on retaining their championship status.