Yankee pre kick off huddle.....

MrHodgeheg123

Advisor to the Owner
Not sure if you are joking or not Hodge, but a couple of times the "World Series" (which of course is nothing of the sort) has been won by a Canadian team, the Toronto Blue Jays. Their used to be two teams from Canada, but Montreal moved to Washington DC a few years ago.
TBF, what I know about the World Series you could write on the back of a matchbox.....twice.

RVW

First Team
What's your thoughts on the players wearing body armour like great big wimps
I think perhaps you are getting your games/sports mixed up but if you are referring to American Football/Gridiron I agree, wearing those helmets etc only leads to more injuries (especially concussions/neck injuries etc) as it appears to give the players a feeling of invincibility.
Rugby Union is a good example of a really tough physical sport where for the most part, the players, the rules and the officials go out of there way to avoid serious injuries and one doesn't see "head first" tackles in RU as one often does see in the North American game. I use the term North American as the same issues occur in the Canadian Football League.
If you are referring to Baseball I apologise, but don't quite see your point.

MrHodgeheg123

Advisor to the Owner
I think perhaps you are getting your games/sports mixed up but if you are referring to American Football/Gridiron I agree, wearing those helmets etc only leads to more injuries (especially concussions/neck injuries etc) as it appears to give the players a feeling of invincibility.
Rugby Union is a good example of a really tough physical sport where for the most part, the players, the rules and the officials go out of there way to avoid serious injuries and one doesn't see "head first" tackles in RU as one often does see in the North American game. I use the term North American as the same issues occur in the Canadian Football League.
Looks like truenorthender has even less of a clue than me.😁

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
What's going on here. Are you on about soccer or American football. It's a rum do this

RVW

First Team
What's going on here. Are you on about soccer or American football. It's a rum do this
I understand your confusion...……….had I meant soccer I would have used that term. The point under discussion was revolving around the world series, which is baseball, then you asked me the question about players wearing body armour. Which sport are you referring to? Then I can avoid this being "a rum do" for you :). The only player in baseball who wears anything like "body armour" is the catcher, and the reason for that should be obvious. That is why I then maybe incorrectly thought you were referring to American Football and you will notice I also put /Gridiron which is another word for American Football...………..not soccer.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
I understand your confusion...……….had I meant soccer I would have used that term. The point under discussion was revolving around the world series, which is baseball, then you asked me the question about players wearing body armour. Which sport are you referring to? Then I can avoid this being "a rum do" for you :). The only player in baseball who wears anything like "body armour" is the catcher, and the reason for that should be obvious. That is why I then maybe incorrectly thought you were referring to American Football and you will notice I also put /Gridiron which is another word for American Football...………..not soccer.
😂 😂 😂 What an absolute spanner I am (at times) . Laughing my bollocks off. Genuinely didn't know you was on about baseball