PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Zidane Assault Charges

I realise this was a long time off, but does anyone know why Zidane wasn't charged with assault for his World Cup headbutt? There's plenty of footage of the incident, he admitted it, and there was no footballing reason why he did it. Just got me thinking after reading the story about the Barrow GBH charges

Re: Zidane Assault Charges

GlasgowNorthEnder said:
I realise this was a long time off, but does anyone know why Zidane wasn't charged with assault for his World Cup headbutt? There's plenty of footage of the incident, he admitted it, and there was no footballing reason why he did it. Just got me thinking after reading the story about the Barrow GBH charges

The assaulted person would have to press charges. Simple as. If no complaint is made by the player, the offending player gets away scott free. Regardless of evidence, the police are powerless.

Bizarre, but true!