Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Ashes

Bad collapse from England in the Twenty-20 today.

Did anyone see Roy's "catch" on Maxwell. As someone said on the BBC website... congratulations to Glen Maxwell. Three wickets, then 59 in his first innings and 44* in his second.

Would have been a close match if he'd been given out... it was his 103* that was the huge difference.

As I've said on the football thread, I'm not a fan of VAR... but can live with it when a clear yes-no decision is possible. But too many decisions are subjective. Sounds like one tv angle makes it look like it bounced... and another one showed his hand was under it.
    Last edited by Regardless; 07-02-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbc373 View Post
    Not Ashes related but great to see 5 Lancashire players in the Lions line up for their first fixture in the West Indies
    I just looked at the scorecard (nice century from Jennings... and 50-odd from Alex Davies batting at eight). Now I confess I don't follow second XI cricket like I used to... but I've never before seen an official match (not sure it's first class) where they name 16 players per side (not sure I've ever even seen a village match do that!)

I thought it was an error... the first innings scorecard shows the 8 batsmen who were dismissed plus the 2 not-outs... then under "did not bat"... it lists another six!! But, sure enough, those six who didn't bat, did get a bowl.

Assistant Manager
    Lions have been disappointing against West Indies A. After a close first test they have been outplayed since and look set to lose the series 3-0.

Hammed and Jennings have made starts but never gone on, same really with Livingstone and Davies.

The stand out performer in the series is a West Indian left arm slow bowler called Jomel Warrican. He has 29 wickets from the 3 tests with another 4 wickets still up for grabs. Surprised this lad is not in the West Indian first 11 with the stats he has.

First Team
    Lions have been disappointing against West Indies A. After a close first test they have been outplayed since and look set to lose the series 3-0.

Hammed and Jennings have made starts but never gone on, same really with Livingstone and Davies.

The stand out performer in the series is a West Indian left arm slow bowler called Jomel Warrican. He has 29 wickets from the 3 tests with another 4 wickets still up for grabs. Surprised this lad is not in the West Indian first 11 with the stats he has.
    I hope Plungy noticed, that his mate Hameed was one of Warrican's victims. STUMPED (surely a first for Hameed). I must admit, I can't imagine him dancing down the wicket, in pursuit of a big hit. Perhaps he's seen Plungy's criticism of him on here, about his scoring rate, and is trying to re-invent himself .

Assistant Manager

Youd think hed get another shot at Test cricket pretty soon.

Great stuff by England against NZ at the mo. A 107m six by Bairstow.

Assistant Manager
    So Starc gets injuted and the Aussies replace him Sayers. He's that quick that Paine is standing up to him!

Last day of the tour... England need all 10 wickets.

Broad takes two wickets with the first two balls of the day!!

Jack leach just took his first test wicket so three wickets in the first 8 overs. Game on!

... Anderson takes the fourth wicket with 65 minutes of the day gone.

Great stuff, but got to remember that in 2 of the 3 innings so far, there have been early wickets followed by a very effective rearguard battle. Funny how often this sort of thing can repeat itself.

Off to bed now. Hope for good news in the morning!

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    ... Anderson takes the fourth wicket with 65 minutes of the day gone.

Great stuff, but got to remember that in 2 of the 3 innings so far, there have been early wickets followed by a very effective rearguard battle. Funny how often this sort of thing can repeat itself.

Off to bed now. Hope for good news in the morning!
    Well I think you set the scene very well!

Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Well I think you set the scene very well!
    Quite!