Page 1034 of 1070 FirstFirst ... 345349349841024103210331034103510361044 ... LastLast
Results 10,331 to 10,340 of 10697

Thread: Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Forum Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    I stopped reading there Mr Essex... You're far too intelligent to follow that course blindly... Thats the bloody theory but as you know full well, the practise can piss off.

Edit... We weren't actually agreeing were we?
    I'm sure we weren't

And if he doesn't get his dam finger out it may well prove to be warranted........Even you ( if you're honest ) have to admit this.
    I see it totally different, have from day one, Libs.

Playing the long game, leave the tories to do what theyre doing, why on earth help them out?

General election looming and then play your hand.

I think Brexit will happen, with JC, but itll be a Brexit thats going to fcuk up a few that thought they were going to benefit by it.
    "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    I see it totally different, have from day one, Libs.

Playing the long game, leave the tories to do what theyre doing, why on earth help them out?

General election looming and then play your hand.

I think Brexit will happen, with JC, but itll be a Brexit thats going to fcuk up a few that thought they were going to benefit by it.

I really hope you're right... But I suspect that you're manipulating your thinking as the plot thickens.........And lets be frank here, " thickens " implies actual thinking which I really don't believe many of these are capable of unless it revolves around their own well being.
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    I'm sure we weren't

I'm sure that we were ( blinkers off )
    Vote For John Brown

Forum Patron
    I'm sure that we were ( blinkers off )
    It would never do for us to agree. Next thing would be that I'd agree with Nobber or Sliper....it's a slippery slope

Assistant Manager
    Iím really confused why so many of you seem to be slapping yourselves on the back because youíve created an environment that the Tories (or Labour had they been in power) are unable to salvage a palatable outcome from.

Thatís called, at itís very best, cutting your nose off to spite your face.

It would never do for us to agree. Next thing would be that I'd agree with Nobber or Sliper....it's a slippery slope
    About bloody time.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

sorry, that's absolute nonsense. It is not the responsibility of HM Opposition to sort out Brexit. We elected a government to do that on our behalf. Their failure to get a grip is exactly that - THEIR failure. If they cannot do it, they should call a General Election. Trying to blame Corbyn et al for this clusterfuck is monumentally silly. The Labour Party has a clear position on Brexit. I have already posted the manifesto commitment several times on this thread already. That is Labour policy. The job of the opposition is to hold government to account, that's what is happening and pretending that any opposition could or should support the utter farce that the government is presiding over is neither appropriate nor ever going to happen until and unless some sort of proper deal is on the table which Labour can endorse. What we have at the moment is only a pair of dropped trousers short of a Brian Rix farce.
    You are very good at side stepping the point and answering a related point that hasn't actually been made.. it seems to be a common trait among Remainers.

Essex 's debating technique.. and your dance partner Raef dressed in sequins responds to your move and agrees with you on the point that you are making in response to a point that wasn't made in the first place.

You two should enter "strictly"
    Last edited by sliper; 15-09-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

Forum Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by sliper View Post
    You are very good at side stepping the point and answering a related point that hasn't actually been made.. it seems to be a common trait among Remainers.

Essex 's debating technique..

Twaddle. I dont dance....ever!

Your attempt to ignore Labour policy and blame JC for not rolling over and accepting a terrible deal smacks of myopia imho. This government is responsible, that's how a parliamentary democracy works. As I said, if they cant get a deal then they should call an election and let Labour have a go

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by sliper View Post

Essex 's debating technique.. and your dance partner Raef dressed in sequins responds to your move and agrees with you on the point that you are making in response to a point that wasn't made in the first place.

You two should enter "strictly"
    I have a vision - itís mildly disturbing but quaint.